New RS 275 owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Sam Havenhand, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Hello everybody, it’s coming up 2 weeks now since I bought my Megane 275. I have driven some very decent hot hatches but none give the same feeling as this, utterly spectacular especially with the first owner kindly specking an Akrapovic exhaust

Looking forward to many drive outs in the Peaks and B-road hunting

Cheers Sam

Attached Files:

Bob Thompson, Poppaboost and Vulcan3 like this.
  2. Welcome! Looks like @Matt9566's old car? Good to see it got sold to another enthusiast. Amazing spec that one, honestly could be 1 of 1 with all those options!:grinning:

Sam Havenhand likes this.
  3. Nice. Welcome

4. Haha, you have a keen eye well spotted, have to say he has looked after it so well. I was looking for a solid 4 months before finding this, like you say the extras on it are pretty rare together!

Vulcan3 likes this.
  5. The fact the bolsters on the Recaros still look mint says it all. They wear out so easily normally. Cracking car i'm sure you'll enjoy it

6. Do you have any tips how to maintain the Recaros to keep them looking new? Yeah it’s an ace car to drive it’s so engaging you don’t get that with many of the newer hot hatches unfortunately. Will hopefully be taking it too South Wales & Snowdonia once covid rules ease

7. Lovely car! Fellow Flame Red owner here.

Only way I found to keep them mint is seat covers. Shame to cover up such a lovely seat but if you want to keep them looking mint then it’s the only way.

Enjoy the car!

Vulcan3 likes this.
  8. Only proper way is to avoid wear is to not touch the bolsters or cover them. Though to be fair mine had a small bit of wear when i brought it and all i've done is clean and protect it semi regularly with some leather cleaner and sealant and that's been enough to prevent any more wear.

9. Cheers guys, I do actually have the seat covers so gonna stick them in just for day to day use. Will make sure to clean and protect them too!

10. Welcome. Nice car you have purchased. Same as yourself had a few hot hatches over the years and this is def the best of the bunch. Had mine 6 month and absolutely loving it.

11. I have driven a Mk7 GTI & Golf R, i30n, both the Focus & Fiesta ST and none give the same driver satisfaction as my Megane. I'm just about to confirm getting an alcantara wheel as that will be a nice finishing touch for the interior.

Christopher carenduff likes this.
  12. yeah @Sam Havenhand i get to drive alot\of differnt cars with my job ansd agreed these meganes are right up there for fun. i have a alcantara steering wheel in the trophy its a really nice touch. not something i bothered about that much before i got the megane and really like it.