New member with a question...

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by TheHood, Sep 30, 2019.

1. I thought it's only polite when joining a new forum to say hello - so hello!

Just picked up my Cup-s 275 (all the nice options) today and I must say after the first half hour of familiarization I'm really starting to enjoy it. Its everything I hoped it would be and you really get a sense of the development work Renaultsport must have put into it.

My only doubt is with the clutch. It seems excessively heavy in comparison to most other cars I have driven - VRS, various fast Fords, VX220 with uprated clutch and lots of boring stuff. I did notice it on the test drive but I didn't think it was much of an issue on the open road, but in the stop start crawling traffic on the way home it was quite tiring. So question is how does everyone find their clutch in comparison to other cars?

2. I'd say 'medium heavy' is normal.

Getting out of my 275 Cup S (just sold) and into my wife's diesel SUV, it did strike me how much lighter the latter was.

But getting into the 986 Porker i've bought to replace it, the Porsche feels much heavier still.

Congrats on the new car btw. Details? Wouldn't happen to be a flame red would it?

3. Congrats.

Much lighter than my wifes Subaru. All perspective really.

4. Yes it is. Reg ends XXP....

5. Thought as much. That's my previous car. PM sent :blush: