New Member RS 275

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Al Barrie, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Hi guys, bought a 2nd hand Megane RS 275 in May 2018, awesome motor apart from the gearbox LSD bearings disintegrating at 12,000 miles which wrecked the gearbox, but it was replaced under warranty courtesy of Renault. Many thanks to John Clark Aberdeen and the service they provided whilst this task was carried out. I know if the bearings aren't shimmed correctly during the build process of the gearbox to give the the correct amount of preload it can cause premature wear of the bearings. Was this the case..? Renault would probably say no but they delivered the goods.
    Most recently at around 32,000 a Check Stop Start Message appeared followed by a Check Anti Pollution System message along with engine management light illumination then the Engine Failure Hazard Stop message with temp gauge in the red. Codes showing were P0117 & P0119 Engine Temp Cooling Sensor. Sensor was replaced under warranty but a few days later the same symptoms returned. Turned out to be the signal and ground wires between the ECU to the Engine Coolant Temp Sensor were chafed and causing an intermittent circuit which was triggering the codes and warning lights. Repaired once again under warranty by Renault and yet again many thanks to John Clark Aberdeen and the service they provided whilst this task was carried out.

2. The diff went in my gearbox too at about 28k, noticed a very faint whining noise and fortunately my local Renault dealer had no problems replacing it, I also had a new clutch put in too. Hopefully the same won't happen to my new box? Apart from that it's been spot on (touch wood)! Maybe they had a dodgy batch of boxes with mine being a 275 too? Hope you're still enjoying it.