Megane 265-R approaching!?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by mattyw, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Reading on the french forum, a comment from a Renault worker:

(Excuse the translation/poor grammar)

"We will not throw you the technical details, because 1) it is confidential and 2) I think it will not advance more.

But its aim is clear: to do better than 8 min 07 s 97 Nürburgring while remaining a car "series." It is not a secret.
    After that, everyone knows how it's done to improve the performance of a car at the expense of comfort => remove the "unnecessary" to improve the power / weight ratio.
    I let you go around parts of M3RS which are useless on the track and now you have an idea of ​​response.

I understand that it is forbidden to balance the technical details of a car still in development or swing pictures on the internet but there are things I do not think it is absolutely confidential and it is unfortunate that we can not talk about it."

2. That'd be awesome. They've done a mega job before so let's hope they carry on like that!!!

3. Yes please. Same as r26.r i hope with 280-300bhp would be nice. If it does happen i so hope they break 8mins that would be awesome

4. :smile: guys from what I've had a chance to hear about upcomming changes you'll be stoked and surprised! Cannot wait..

5. Daz

Daz

I doubt it will have extra power

6. Dan

Dan

You can't stop there.....

7. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

This will be awesome!

8. it's really strictly confidential but one thing was said by Sebinko in another thread - when he was at RS track day at Redbull Ring he got to ride in the RS show MRS and it felt faster and was louder and the Renault driver even told him they are using a titanium exhaust..

The aim is to be even faster on Nordschleife (let's say as fast as RS5? :smile: ) and what they gotta do with the cars performance is kinda obvious.

But yes I have to stop here

9. it'll be epic, i heard titanium exhaust was back too.

when questioned whether akrapovic were making the specific system they replied

"What I can say is that the project does indeed exist, and that was the demand of development of the software for very specific functions."

exciting stuff!

10. those amazing alloys and titanium already available in japan!

http://translate.googleusercontent....x.html&usg=ALkJrhjatxSpomTYSQ_OwTeXOCJRBV8l1w

11. I take it that exhaust is an import centre job though rather factory fit? Shame they don't offer something similar here...

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Remus already make a Ti system.....

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

14. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Gunna be epic if all goes ahead!

15. Sounds very good to me

16. It won't happen :wink:

17. Confirmed by Renault bud, i reckon they will release it to beat hondas time when they advise what it is!

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nothings been confirmed?

I'll believe it once its official, Not just some "renault employee" posting on a forum.

I always did say thats what they would reply to Honda's intent with the new Type-R though :wink:

19. True or not this time, its only a matter of time till we get a last of line true hardcore RS265, instead of all these F1 painted cars :wink:

20. Such a cynic! Why would they lie?

21. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Japan gets all the best stuff, i remember a japanese website where you could buy flat floors for a meg and f1esque diffusers!

22. The exhaust is £1500 not including UK tax , VAT and shipping.

Owch.

23. Think the .R titanium from renault is like 3-4 grand !

24. 2.1k direct from Renault for the ti system for a R26.R

25. I was a passenger in the development car. Well, they claimed it is standard 265 CUP but the car fully loaded with 4 people felt faster than my stock 265 when I am in alone.

And the sound was unbelievable. I had a look under the car and surprise surprise, far from stock on my car

26. They said all this about a clio 200.R with confirmed leaks, photos and reports. Nothing ever came of that.

27. Those wheels look awful

As for a 265.R I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think there is a big enough global market for another .R there wasn't really a big enough market for the R26.R and there was more disposable income around then. The general public don't get having less and pay more for it.

In fact most people don't get the standard 265 that's why the sales are down on them compared to its rivals even though we all know the 265 is the better drivers car. I can honestly say in the last 3-4months I have seen maybe 1 or 2 250/265s compared to dozens of focus ST Astra VXR and even seen more new Golf GTis.

28. thats the best thing about the meg, it's almost a hidden gem, i never see them.

i hope as an owner it continues, exclusivity!

29. Agree with the last 2 comments , I so hope they make the .r and break the 8min barrier just before the new type r comes out

30. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

the R broke the 8min barrier the day before official timing. ring times are pap. never paid much attention to them.

31. Eh? It went 17 seconds faster than its recorded time? Sorry, dont buy that! Plus the 265 has been quicker on every track ive seen the .R has!

32. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

You don't have to be all protective about the 265 don't worry I'm not comparing the two. It dipped at 7.59 and an 8.12 in cooler conditions the day before or possibly two days.

Buy what you want mate, it was all across the forums and renaultsport back in the day.

The test took place as it did and that was that. The ring boys lap theirs sub 8 mins for fun.

33. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Yeah takes me back Naith the conditions for the 8.17 were the worst they had had throughout testing. The irish guy who had one was under 8 if I remember right.

34. I never knew that

35. Ill say it again...

36. Never knew that either surely if it did happen with perfect condition we'd be looking at 7.55 or less???

37. Still dont buy it, if they did an 'unofficial' time of 7.59 why didnt they stay there still they dipped under 8mins 'officially' ?

thats like saying the 265 trophy did a 7.45 'unofficially' but renault settled for an 'official' time of 8,07 makes no reasonable sense 'under 8mins' is much more powerful marketing wise!