275 Lower Bumper Trim/Splitter

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Sam Dolby, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Sam Dolby

Sam Dolby RSM Club Member

Hi all,

New to the site and the vehicle.
    I’ve got a 275 T that managed to take a full face impact from someone’s damaged tyre on the A1.
    The lower bumper trim was damaged and I’ve since removed it and seen lots of chat pertaining to this part:

https://parts.vospers.com/genuine-renault-megane-mk3-front-bottom-spoiler.html

The part number is:
    960150010R

There are lots of threads regarding this part but no clarity if it fits the facelift front bumper

Would anyone happen to know before I send them ~£75 for a non fitting part!
    Thanks

Sam

2. Hi Sam
    Where about's do you live, as Vospers is Mainly Plymouth and little out posts through Devon and Cornwall.

Do you have the first part of your vin number mine is a pre face lift 265 so will be different

Sam Dolby likes this.
  3. Sam Dolby

Thanks for the reply, I can get the VIN number tomorrow
    I can’t see why they’d change it but want to be sure!

4. Sam Dolby likes this.
  5. Sam Dolby

Perfect thanks! I wasn’t sure which model you were fitting to, and didn’t want to risk incorrect fitment
    I removed my ‘splitter’ but it was attached with small ‘C’ hooks, it doesn’t appear yours was?

6. My bumper lip did have metal O-ring type clips holding it to the bumper tabs that I removed with pliers, not sure if that is what you mean? I wasn’t sure if they were factory fitted...

Sam Dolby likes this.
  7. Sam Dolby

They’re exactly what I mean! Did you refit them?

8. I didn't bother refitting them, no. The lip is held firmly in place by the existing tabs in the bumper and undertray mounts / fitment so I decided to leave them off and haven't had any problems since including a Bedford track day.

Sam Dolby likes this.
  9. Sam Dolby

Perfect, exactly what I wanted to hear! I didn’t enjoy removing them!

10. Sam Dolby

This arrived today, and I’ve back checked it versus my damaged one and it is the exact replacement

so for clarity, the above part number works for 275 version vehicles

rmaurer likes this.