Locking Wheel Bolt Key - If You've Lost Yours

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Morgan H, May 6, 2019.

1. Bit of an embarrassing first thread but hopefully it'll be of use to someone some day.

So muggins over here has managed to lose his locking wheel bolt key :unamused:

Having looked at the removal tools & new locking bolt set option I decided to just ring Renault, and actually got a really helpful response.

The locking wheel bolts are supplied by a company called Evo Automotive Solutions, and it turns out you can get a replacement key directly from them. You can enter your key code directly on their online order form, but thankfully you can also email them a photo of your locking bolt if your key has gone walkies and you don't have the code.

Note: the code is 3 digits and is on the key, it's not the long code on the wheel bolt box.

Got a good service from them; the lady called me up straight away and asked for a photo as I'd given the wrong code, and within 10 minutes she'd sent me my key code along with shipment tracking info.
    Only cost £16 delivered and about £6 of that was postage, so didn't think that was bad at all either.

I've now written my code in my owner's manual...

2. Life saver ! I lost mine after having my PS4's fitted. Can finally fit my spacers and hoping i dont get a flat lol. Cheers mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

3. Very useful info there, thanks for that.

With locking wheel bolts being such a pain, i do wonder sometimes if they're actually worth it.

4. You can go direct to the manufacturer Magard in Germany even if you don't have the code. I had to do Thai with a set on my Impreza you send them a pic and then send them a scan of your v5 and they can sort you a new key it wasn't expensive either.