KTR Supersports Catback with Sports Cat

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by MadPatroclus, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Afternoon all,

I'm the proud new owner of a '16 plate RS 275 and am keen to give my stocker a bit of a K-Tec overhaul for some character.

Amongst a couple of other engine mods, I'm currently looking at a KTR induction kit, supersports catback system and sports cat.

Hoping to keep the whole thing road-legal and MOT/track-friendly.

Wondering if anyone has the KTR Sport or Supersport catback fitted (or even the turboback), especially in combination with their sport decat, and whether or not any combination of the above has been an issue for legality/track.

Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting some of you in the near future :grin:.

Cheers,
    Josh

2. I dont think the Megane's are too loud for track even with the supersports setup, the turbo reduces most of the noise and I think it comes in at 92dB @ 4500RPM which is fine for basically all the UK tracks.. My only concern with sports cats is if they actually pass an MOT... Usually they have to be mega hot but I know K-tec offer two options, one is Euro 2, the other Euro 4 for UK MOT. Really I wonder if the UK legal sports cat is actually much more free flowing than the standard..

3. Thanks Tev.

I suppose the only way to know is to try it and dial it back as and when required.