Just picked up R26 no. 059

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Yorkshire_LY, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Hi guys,just joined the forum as i picked up an R26 last night,a straight swap for my LY Clio 200.

I had the 200 a couple of months,but while being awesome on b-roads,i found it not great for commuting,it needed a remap due to the well known flat spot issue,and the Akrapovic fitted was a bit on the loud side for motorway daily driving hehe.

Ive been scouring the sites for weeks for a R26,and finally found this LY R26 just a few miles from me so i went for it. It has 65K miles on the clock, RS tuning remap (262 BHP),backbox chop & atmos dump valve. It has Xenons and keyless start,but not full leather,so not sure what 'pack' it had..

First impressions are that its so much smoother to drive,the boost and power is on another level to the Clio! The ride is a little firmer but the handling feels epic from the 10 minutes ive had with her so far.

Im planning to go to the FCS next month so might see some of you there.

I take it this is one of the very early ones at number 59?

renausport-megane.jpg 20170620_193738.jpg

Mikey4410 and Jamesycc like this.
  2. Welcome. Car looks great. Very similar to what mine looked like when I picked it up last year.

Yorkshire_LY likes this.
  3. Cheers mate,yeah the bodywork is in very good nick for a 10 year old car - im surprised the vinyls still look good.

I just need to get an 'R26' plate and a new gear knob.

Theres the usual creaks & rattles you get from a Renualt..

4. some pics from its first clean...
    IMG_2900.JPG IMG_2902.JPG IMG_2907.JPG IMG_2910.jpg IMG_2911.JPG

Leigh likes this.
  5. That looks clean and tidy :smiley:

Yorkshire_LY likes this.
  6. Seen this one on eBay...looked very good for the price...was tempted myself:wink:

7. Daz

Daz

Those wheels are a Weird colour to me!

8. Yeah ive got to say ive seen very mixed prices - so called 'good' condition ones at £4.5K,all the way up to £8.5K!

9. How come?

10. Nice pink shorts! :smile:

Yorkshire_LY likes this.
  11. Yeah wheel colour isn't original.
    Looks tidy enough though.

12. I found a picture of it from 2014 - glad it went back to near original state after that!

meg.jpg

13. Wheels are still in primer.

Keep it nice, K-Tec have just sold a mint LY for £11K.

14. Pav

Pav

nice example..not a bad going with 262 bhp either..enjoy..

15. They don't suit window tints - in my opinion. Looked so much better once I removed them.

16. Yeah, tbh i wouldve have bought it looking as it did then in 2014. Those black strips are horrendous.

17. I do like pictures that show how an enthusiast's car has changed over time - even if those changes are not to everyone's taste. My wife still doesn't like my red wheels over the original colour...but that's her problem!

18. I opened up the bonnet for the first time and theres a pipe with Forge written on - i take it thats the dump valve? Engine bay looks in pretty good condition considering the age.

19. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

uh! what sort of mileage was on it?

20. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

keyless entry/start wasn't an option until 2008 so weird its got that - previous owner must have fitted it somehow, only extras you could get initially were the headlights, sticker pack and colour of paint

21. 19,000. Might be back up for sale.

22. Just got the logbook back,including me shes had 10 owners in 10 years!! Quite surprised to say shes in good condition...

23. Thats weird,its not something someone would really put in...

The metal base of my recaros dont have the R26 decal on either - was that an extra or has it come off?

24. Keyless was part of the 'Lux' pack, from what I can gather.

Also included full leather and a centre arm rest........ I think.
    (Although, I test drove an r26 with half leather and an arm rest!)

Maybe throughout production they swapped and changed what you could add?

As for the stickers, they're non standard that someone came up with. You can still get them on eBay if it's something you like.

25. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

no the lux pack was introduced in 2008 at the same time they brought out the white paint and black pack for wheels and mirrors etc,
    all you could get prior to that was the yellow paint, xenon headlights and could specify with or without the stickers - stickers were standard though - you had to specify if you didn't want them - I had one brand new in 2007 (on my 3rd now) - turned up a couple of months before all the other bits were released - was a bit annoyed! lol

26. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

arm rest will have been added by a previous owner - common modification
    Stickers were not something someone came up with - they were part of the R26 spec from Renault - can still buy the stickers from Renault (for a price)

27. Think you're getting your wires crossed, we're talking about the recaro seat base stickers.

28. Ive had people comment its a quiet car for what it is - are R26's fairly 'quiet' even with a backbox chop? Im comparing it to my previous 200 with Akra,so im bound to think its quiet compared to that hehe.

29. It probably is after the 200 Akra.
    Sadly the F4RT sounds shit and quiet or shit and loud. Iv opted for shit and quiet.

30. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

Aw I see - ignore me!

31. Yeah id like a bit more 'growl' to it but its better than having the constant loudness of an Akra.

Are all turbos much quieter than an NA like this? I thought a 'backbox chop' wouldve made it a little louder..

32. Yeah the turbo acts as a silencer.

33. Pretty much, yes. The noise is 'wasted' energy anyway and the action of the turbo takes some of this wasted energy and turns into into useful energy, reducing the sound emitted.

You can do other things to try to get some sound back, but you'll always start with a lower potential, all other things being equal.

34. I learnt since that its had the mid box chop and not the back box chop - so it could go louder if i wanted it.

35. Really? Can anyone confirm this by looking at the pics? Should the wheels be darker?

36. umm..how come its taken nearly a year before the last reply!
    And yes wheels should be light anthracite metallic.
    Might be the light..but yours look very pale.
    Should be the same color as your wing mirrors

37. If i look closely at them they do have a 'speckle' to them so it does look like theyve painted,but they do look too light. They look better when dirty hehe! I might look at getting the painted the right paint code.

Tbh,my rear bumper is a slightly a different yellow to the rest of the car - looks like that painted with the wrong code aswell! That is bothering me more than the wheels hehe,so hoping to get that done this summer.

I will update this thread with the progress i make with the car.

Hoping to get a R26R spoiler on there aswell at some point.

38. That yellow is difficult to match perfect..