I had NO idea! First r26

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Jmb, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Jmb

Jmb

D42818BA-5403-4415-B181-5903CFCCA720.jpeg Hello everyone

I picked up my 2008 r26 four days ago and I have got to say I’m blown away! Having been on the search for a fast hatch I tried the civic type r, focus st etc and was underwhelmed massively.

But then I found the one. The Megane r26 f1. And I see why they call it the f1 edition, because it makes you feel like an f1 driver! This car feels like the best kept secret on the roads. You never see them, they are practical and put a smile on your face.

I’m in love with this thing. And yes I know it’s going to go wrong and hit me in the pocket at some point, but right now I don’t care. True driving heaven

JJZ, manugtt, Jamie230 and 5 others like this.
  2. Welcome! Glad you’re enjoying the R26, I’m pretty new to the megane platform too - your right they’re a sublime thing to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Welcome. Good choice. Looks great. Mine always puts a smile on my face. Must be something about them as this is another car that I have had where, when I park up and walk away I always glance back for a last look and smile. Great that everyone else doesn't have one to.

4. welcome..not to much goes wrong with these cars..
    its all about maintainence,and replacing parts that have past there best.
    otherwise you can end up with a car that requires a lot of parts all at once.

lots of in depth knowledge on here,so dont be afraid to ask.

5. Tex

Tex

Happy days! Welcome!

I had a similar feeling when I picked up my 250 - having driven some amazing 'drivers cars' before I was blown away by how good it was (and fun) out of the box. What was meant to be my 'little toy for a bit of track time' has quickly become my daily driver too and will stay that way for the foreseeable future!

6. absolute beaut! enjoy!

7. If you don’t look back at your car after parking it... you bought the wrong car [emoji1360]

I do exactly the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJZ, chappers2000 and manugtt like this.
  8. Welcome to the Megpedia! And you are right, those car are toys for us, once you drive they, don´t want other:wink: