hello and help needed

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by peteR26, May 28, 2021.

1. Hello to all,

I am an R26 owner for a number of years now but never before have encountered "limp mode" and a "check injection" warning so don't how far I can drive with it.

The bank holiday weekend is here and I am unable to get the car into a garage but have indentified the issue as DF054 - turbocharging solenoid valve control circuit - if anyone knows what that is and how serious that is - please let me know

I am also booked into a hotel in Rutland for the weekend - a round trip of approx 250 miles and don't whether the car will be alright doing that sort of (slow) mieage with this issue.......

Advice needed please

Best regards.

Pete

2. If its turbocharging valve then it will be the N74 valve, it has 2 pipes coming off of it and it is pushed into the air intake pipe to the turbo, this is for limiting boost pressure, so if the engine detects excess boost because this valve is not working as it should, then this will put it into limp mode.

If you have an obd reader and a torque app or such like, you should be able to clear the fault once its fixed.

3. Thanks so much for your response and advice - in the short term is it ok to drive?

4. Should be, if you can clear the fault and keep the boost down should be okay