250 Harness fitting with function rear seats

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Scott Lewis Chambers, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Hello, I've had a set of Williams harnesses from my 182 they are 4 point, my clio was striped out. But is there a way to fit harness to the 250 while still having the rear seats usable? I don't want the rear seats but the wife says they have to stay.

I've tried the "it will be safer" excuse but after 5 years of that excuse on the clio doesn't work any more.

The only solution is to fix to the floor, but obviously that's not a safe option at all. Any ideas cheers

2. We used these under the back seat

https://www.msar.co.uk/harness-fittings/schroth-b23a-harness-clip-kit.html

Scott Lewis Chambers likes this.
  3. Yes, we fitted them and bent them so they sat between the base and the back thus you could still use the back seat. We only clipped the harness in when needed.

We also used the B23 on the sill and the tunnel side.

4. The harness should be easy enough to remove I suppose. Mmm okay. Cheers ill have a think

5. Hi I got the anchors you suggested. Just a quick question. How do you deal with seat belt warning in your car? Im tempted to attach a seat belt to tongue on the end of the tunnel side and plug it in to the clasp. Don't see how that couldn't be safe.

6. You can get a plastic tongue that plugs into the buckle, have a look on eBay. If I can find the link I'll post it up

7. Scott Lewis Chambers likes this.
  8. Anyway, once you start to drive, in a minute the warning stop.

9. Where did you attach yours on the sill side. I guess the bolt that holds the seat belt in for the tunnel side but the recaro seat has a cover. Remove it and use the floor bolt? And cut a gap out to refit the cover?

10. We used the existing bolt that holds the bottom of the seatbelt shoulder strap and fitted a B23 to it then clipped the harness to that, on the tunnel side we drilled a hole and used B23 and bolt with a strengthening plate underneath in the tunnel

11. IMG_20201114_143416.jpg
    I've attached them the car in not 100% on if I'm happy with the positions. I've angled them so there is no way form them to go past the bar in the seat. Tbh. I don't see why you can't attach them to the rear bench bars under the back. They look perfectly in line and really robust.
    IMG_20201114_143412.jpg

Attached Files:

12. We fitted them as you have done but bent them over and twisted it 90 deg’ or was it the opposite way round to yours and twisted (can’t remember now)

13. Yea I think I might bend them more. I think tbh I might ditch the rear bench and use eyelets. I'll see how I feel. I don't think they will move.

I'm more Confident in my side strap placing. I decided to angle them 90deg and seat them under the rear runner bolt and bolt it into the floor with a little loctite on the bolts, they sit in exactly the same spots as the seat belt bar that holds the shoulder strap. And they come up high enough so nothing is pushing against the clips so they won't popup.

14. A2B48ACB-B899-42CD-BD9E-AE1E9C3088FC.jpeg
    I never use the seat fixings, found a pic showing how we did the tunnel side

15. Also shows B23 on sill side

16. Looks nice. I like the tunnel side alot. My B23's basically sit at exactly the same height as yours. I'll have to get a picture at some point.

Might move them. But I'm quite happy with their placement I've see a few people fix them directly to the seats. I was working of this guide. As my seats are more similar to theirs.
    http://www.meganers.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26923

17. Good find that. Interesting brackets they are using - I'll look to see if I can fine these.

Personally I wouldn't use the seat mountings for the sake of drilling one hole in the tunnel. Just need the strengthening plate with welded nut from JJC or similar.

Scott Lewis Chambers likes this.