Gearbox bearings meg 250

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Joel white, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Hi guys need some help, I think my gearbox Bearings are on there way out and was thinking to myself is it even worth getting repaired or just buying a reconditioned gearbox??

2. I've just priced bearings and seals from RPD. Adds up to roughly £250. Still shopping around to see if I can beat that price.

Cheapest reconditioned box on eBay is £700 with a £150 surcharge on top. Company state that their recon boxes have all new bearings and synchros. However, there is limited feedback about the company.

3. Kizimov and Aldo like this.
  4. Ye they’ve actually gone up in price on only paid £130 lol. This if for a box with a lsd also

5. 100% mate. It’s the exact same kit I used. This is for the lsd gearbox also

6. I got in touch with them to confirm and I now have a kit sitting in my kitchen. Just need the opportunity to start stripping the car.

7. Nice one Are you rebuilding it yourself or getting someone else to do it?

8. Going to have a go myself. Hoping I dont find any issues elsewhere and its just a bearing change.

9. Fair enough the shell of the bearings can be a pain to get out sometimes just a heads up

10. Maybe someone have part number of OEM reconditioned box?