First R.S 250 owner - Dorchester, Dorset.

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Harrison Varney, May 9, 2020.

1. Hi all. Thought id give you a wuick introduction of myself. This is my first Megane 250 coming from a 260bhp Abarth Punto. Over the last 3 days the Megane has done nothing but put a smile on my face! Hopefully track days will be in order soon!(ish) once we're all allowed out to play again!

Attached Files:

Eder likes this.
  2. Welcome Harrison, car looks good!

Harrison Varney likes this.
  3. Hi Harrison, must say that is a cracking looking car you have there !! and those seats are just awesome ...
    I am also new here to this forum .. and only from Shaftesbury so not far away ! which track days are you planning to do when things finally start getting back to normal ?

4. Welcome to the club.
    Any plans for the car? What’s the spec/mods already?

5. Thank you mate! Im loving it even after 4 days of ownership! Most probably a couple at Castle Combe first as thats closest.

6. Wellcome Harrison! Nice white got you there, very similar to mine. Any plan for it?

7. Thank you bud, not a great deal planned honestly. Everything i would have had planned i ended up buying it with so maybe just a couple cosmetic bits. Ive already done a full led swap from all the halogen bulbs, new sunstrip as the one currently on has seen better days and possibly a couple new hoses in the bay just to clean it up a little. I am getting a whine in 2nd i heard today as the revs build up to around 3500 i am a little concerned about at the moment though, but have been told by a few mates who has them that theres does the same. It seems very odd to be honest! :grimacing: only occurs up to about 3500rpm then cant be heard, also does it slightly in 3rd but barely noticeable and not sure if thats me just being paranoid. all other gears are absolutley spot on... may post a seperate thread in the correct section for some advice later this evening!

Poppaboost likes this.
  8. Well looking at your Mod list your car is nicely set up ! which should be good on track ..
    is this your daily drive come part track toy ?
    Have you done Castle Combe in the Abarth before ?

9. It is indeed bud, i didnt get round to doing combe in the abarth it was meant to be this year, however i just lost all motivation and passion for it so decided to move on to a 250! Ive been around combe a few time but only as passenger, also hoping to set up a day at bedford autodrome with a few mates too as ive heard its a nice track for newbies to the track life like myself!

10. Nice one , whats the ride like on road as I see your on H/R with cup suspension ? I have only done Castle Combe so far and loved it , but would like to try Thruxton as my next track day , must look to see where Bedford is located as that sounds good !! think my dream trackday would be Spa but that's a long way off atm
    hopefully we will meet up one day ...

11. Oulton Park is a really great track and so is Anglesey, i stay over night somewhere for every trackday, some food a few beers and a good night sleep so all nice and fresh for the trackday.
    Oulton is a technical circuit very rewarding.
    Let me know what you plan :sunglasses:

12. Im sure we will mate! If youre ever down this way give me a message! Ive been told bedford is great for those with little track experience but also good fun for those with too! Also heard good things about thruxton too! Hopefully be able to organise a day in the future, ill put a post up to see who would be keen on here too!

RS250 castle combe likes this.
  13. Hi Ian, where is Oulton park ? :blush: once my car is mapped and hopefully reliable , I plan on doing one track day a month
    pretty much every month, unless its snowing :grimacing: think that would be my limit regarding ££ well uk tracks anyway , but really like to try Spa, more than likely next year if I'm honest ...
    yeah couple of beers and some nice food sounds dam good to me !
    I cant wait to get back out on track and i'm sure there's loads on here in the same boat :grimacing:

14. Its in Cheshire, was booked there, the day before they cancelled at 5pm, good job i couldn't go as my car was poorly. there's a Premier inn close by so i as going to stay there, £30 for a night :sunglasses:

I think when it opens back up it's gong to be manic, will book up in minutes i think.

15. Ok i will check it out .. that would of been gutting to travel that distance to be cancelled the night before :worried:
    £30 that's cheap enough ! and yes i agree it will be manic for sure ... because every where is shut for remapping, think i will be missing the first track day or certainly with my megane :cry: i do have a little bmw 123d my daily which is half set up for track (wheels / tyres/and brakes) but itching to get back in the 250

sorry Harrison must get off your thread :blush:

ianplymouth likes this.
  16. No need to apologise, carry on, im having a good read and looking into oulton too! Food beers and decent kip before a trackday sounds very appealing!:smile:

17. Suits the Megane well, there isn't much in the way of straights so you don't really get the likes of porches, Ferrari's and other silly speed straight line cars.
    Anglesey is another good one.

18. Welcome mate, car looks lovely! Very similar spec to mine and great to have all those mods with it.

Definitely recommend taking it to Bedford, you will be hooked...

19. Welcome! Great car, enjoy it!

20. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

Welcome bud, there's a few of us up here in/near Shaftesbury, we'll have to have a mini meet up when we're allowed to !

21. Don`t see too many around Yeovil these days though.

22. Definatley mate! Not many down here in dorchester/weymouth.. kind of enjoying it being not so common!

~Shaun~ likes this.
  23. I have a 265 cup in white Bridport View attachment 33065 View attachment 33066

Attached Files: