First Megane - OG 250

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Liam90, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Hi all,

Used to own an angry decat Clio 182 which I loved to bits. I owned it for 6 years and it genuinely never skipped a beat, but It was time for a change. I looked at other cars, coupe - 335i & 335d, Golf GTI, scirocco, Clio Raider - but the Megane - as soon as I'd seen one, I couldn't erase the memory also I just couldn’t match the fun or the looks for the money!

I know colours are a personal thing but it had to be OG for me, I just like the lines. It took me a while but I got one I really liked and felt comfortable with. Doesn’t have the Recaros or the monitor but that was a compromise for the colour and overall condition.

This is totally standard, cup and lux pack, even had the Megane badge on the back...

- which came off by day two of ownership!

Other than taking my detailing seriously, I’ve never altered any of my cars. I know this question has probably been asked many a time before, but what would you consider to be really worthwhile changes? Mainly for road use, just curious on your thoughts?

I have been offered a great deal on a stage 1 remap, which I was considering but do you think it's worth sticking with one of the main companies for this?

Thanks in Advance
    L
    IMG_4005.jpg IMG_4008.jpg

Jordan Moyle, BIG E and Beau like this.
  2. Cracking condition. Colour looks great in the Sun.

Liam90 likes this.
  3. Thanks! Yeah it doesn’t look 9 years old...

I do like that gold on yours too!

4. Welcome to the better place of Megs! That grey are awesome shinny under the sun man. Is curious, in Spain, all the cup packs fits the Recaros.
    Enjoy that machine!

Liam90 likes this.
  5. lovely mota but fyi lots 'mappers' get these wrong, be inclined to stick with the chosen few, whats location

also worth doing something so that mapping is actually worth while like mid-box delete or decat that would maximise a quality remap

Liam90 likes this.
  6. Welcome. I feckin love my new BC suspension but I would have to say that pound for pound my favourite mod is probably the combination of the short shifter and the cheap gearleaver extender from Zeropointone, it just feels so right. Mine was also mapped when I got it so I can't properly compare but I wouldn't own another one without getting it mapped again. De-cat is great but if you are going to keep your car for a few years (several mots) then the extra money for a sports cat might actually work out cheaper and less stressful in the long-term depending on how friendly* your mechanics are.

Liam90 likes this.
  7. Thanks!

yeah, I hear you, I’d be terrified of them screwing it up. And to be honest the numbers they quoted for a stage 1 were scary. 340?

I’m in the west mids...not that bothered by travel as long as I know the car is in safe hands...

8. cheers, this is really helpful!

completely agree about the sports cat, I’m intending to keep hold of this for a long while and owning the decat Clio for 6 years gave my mot guys anxiety Every year haha

suspension and short shifter sound great additions.

what sort of money are we talking, ballpark?

9. Think I got mine from Kam racing but they are currently very cheap here: https://www.apmotorsport.co.uk/product-page/br-racing-coilovers-megane-3-rs

Extender depends on what colour and length you want: https://zeropointone.tech/collectio...tick-extender-and-gearknob-renault-megane-mk3 I went for short red.

If you search in here you will find a DIY short shift mod that is very cheap or you could buy one from mtech.

Make sure you get your suspension set up properly if you do fit it. Plenty of places to sort that for you, Bram racing did mine.

Liam90 likes this.
  10. Im liking the look of this!

Thanks for the links.

Just sent an enquiry to rstuning too...

11. Tex

Tex

Liam90 likes this.