Sponsored By:  

Donington 16th June

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by ianplymouth, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Forgot to add this earlier

2. I will be there for the evening session

ianplymouth likes this.
  3. Ian Plymouth I envy the amount of trackdays you do, also being in Plymouth not the most convenient for you to get to a lot of tracks I guess?

ianplymouth likes this.
  4. I will more than likely be one of the last to leave, so if you see me come and say hi :sunglasses:

5. It is a bit of a pain traveling to tracks, Combe and Thruxton are my closest at around 140 odd miles each way.

but then i wouldn't be able to do my job if i lived in the midlands. :laughing::laughing:

Been really quite on trackdays this year so far, only managed 5 last year normally do are 12 - 15 a year that would also include a couple of trips to Spa or the Ring or both :laughing::laughing:

I have LeMans in September, the Ring in November, hopefully it will go ahead

6. Post some footage if you can....

7. I popped up for a couple of hrs and had about 12 passenger laps, the cars going well and as bonus we didn’t visit the beach this time :tearsofjoy:

Mr Spoon, Agreen and manugtt like this.
  8. Good to catch up again mate, was a perfect day for a visit to the beach, i suppose its the R26 chassis, so forgiving will have to try harder :laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. I’m sure that’ll come, when the new snail gets fitted :grimacing::grimacing:

ianplymouth likes this.
  10. Did you record any laptimes and did you go round the melbourne loop?

11. I don't time myself, too many idiots not looking in there mirrors or sitting on the racing line even though there holding others up, or M3's not wanting to get passed by an old Megane :laughing::laughing::laughing:

We didn't use the loop, shame really as i like that part can out brake most stuff into the off camber corner :sunglasses::sunglasses:

manugtt likes this.
  12. Ian did you do the day or evening session? I was there for the evening session but didn't see you

13. I did the day, was in garage 9
    I was one of the last to leave, the only other was mate mate Mark in a red mk3, we stayed a bit longer as we had to replace a front pad as it was down to the metal and he had a way to go home, not as far as me though.

14. I managed to ruin a brand new set of rear pads during the evening session. Some proper muppets out last night.....

15. There were quite a few during the day as well, there was an MX5 that was worse than a mobile chicane, i have a video i will upload one to YouTube, up loading one now

My 595's weren't great at the start of the day, there well past there best now, fit for the bin :laughing::laughing:

16. I put a set of ad08rs on after having a good feel on the older ad08r but the newer compound felt terrible compared to the old 1, wish I'd gone for ar1s now. Any way of stopping the rediculous fast rear pad wear on the 250s? I wouldn't dare turn the esp fully off I had a few brown trouser moments down crayners at just over 100mph feeling arse end letting go haha

17. I used to tape my Speedo up on the bike, bit im sure id go through the not much slower, knee down... Turn off the ESP

18. First thing to do is turn the traction control OFF as you go down the pit lane, thats what kills rear pads, as for Craner's, you need to be brave and hold full power through the corner, don't even think about lifting until you are nearly straight, hope then your front pads are good :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    In the Mk2, you can lift a bit to get the rear to rotate, but on a Mk3 sorry will end badly :laughing::laughing:

What size tyres are you running, i have a brand new set of R888's 255 35 18 i think i will sell, i don't like them i prefer Federal 595's

Brigsy and Agreen like this.
  20. Looks like I'm gonna have to man up and try to avoid the kitty litter I'm running standard 235 40 18 tyre size on standard cup wheels.

21. Doesn't always go well :laughing::laughing::laughing:

50141928591_daaf57a38b_k.jpg IMG_20200720_150552 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

Mr Spoon likes this.
  22. There were a few folk wasting the space i see.... that GT3 RS may as well have got out and walked (black one).

Was that a gold that binned it just before mcleans?

I hear you are a fellow radio 2 listener :smile:

I tried to avoid the curbs completely whenever I got to track. You seem to love the ones at the esses :smiley:

Good to watch

23. Were you the chap chatting to us in the garage while Ian was trying to find an oil leak on a black R26?

24. I passed the black GT3 rs twice, shame really it was driven so slow :laughing::laughing:

Yes it was a Golf, were a few of them there but none caused a problem:sunglasses:

Always listen to radio 2, unless its a Sunday at 2pm then any shit will do for two hours :tired:

Curbs are fine to use unless its wet, that's what there there for :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

Mr Spoon likes this.
  25. Yes it was Steve

Have you found the problem with yours yet ?????

26. More than likely Steve, was in garage 9 and 10 for a while, which were you driving?

27. Looks a great track to be fair, definitely one to put on the list!

28. I was the guy with the pony tail who popped in for a bit. I was in a white R26 but I had a garage a few doors up, I wasn't in 9/10.

29. Not yet. It was recovered to a garage but they haven't had a look yet. It's still driveable but it doesn't half sound odd.

30. With a cap on?

31. Yep, that's me.

32. Ah nice to meet you then :smile: