225 DCI Gearbox in M2RS

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jukidam, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Hey Guys,

I'm still figuring out what my problem is, but how it seems I need a new Gearbox.

I want to put a Diesel Gearbox in because its cheaper and as I play a little bit around with some Ratio - calculators it should be even better for Driving.

My Problem is: Maybe some of you know which Gearbox exactly should match the best to our / my Engine.

I Have a Fully Forged Engine with 300Hp and around 300Lb ft / 410Nm. (there will come maybe more torque in the future)

2. Cue @ianplymouth, who ran this very same setup in his car.

Jukidam likes this.
  3. They will go in, as far as i can see, all you need is a set of DCi 175 drive shafts, the Mk2 dci has a Mk3 box in it and that on the F4r block, you might need a different flywheel as i think the Mk2 clutch is thicker, there is a pic on here somewhere of the difference

Brigsy likes this.
  4. I didn't, but thought about it

5. Mhm okay thanks y‘all. I have already installed a DCI Clutch and a Single mass Flywheel. Didn’t think about that this could be a problem…

But I could measure the gearbox case before installing

so no one ever did this ? I thought only the gears inside the box should be different because on every housing is written ND0-000 (DCI with another end number like ND0-002)

6. My friend has ran ndo dci gearbox/ratios. They are suited to the larger turbos, he had a garrett gtx3071 on a built engine at 440hp and said it worked well.

No idea how good it would be on the smaller td04 14/15t.