Complete brake fluid swap

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by nickfrog, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Hi. Getting my new RS next week and I want the entire OE fluid removed and replaced with RBF600. Does anyone know the best practice for this before I brief the dealer. I am particularly concerned about the fluid in the ABS pump. I seem to remember you need to use the Renault diagnostic tool to flush the pump. Not sure how I know that, does anyone know ?

How much should they remove and therefore how much fluid should I buy?

Thanks for any help.

2. I generally use 1.5 ltrs for a flush and replace. I generally use an easibleed to flush out most of the fluid and then revert to the 2 man method for the final bleed at each corner.

You may as well do the clutch at the same time

You only have to worry about the ABS pump if you inadvertently run it dry - make sure the reservoir is always topped up

3. Cheers Paul. The car is 100% new. Are you saying that the clutch has its own reservoir in the same circuit or separate circuit?

4. The clutch 'usually' uses the same reservoir as the brakes and therefore I would bleed the clutch also

If the new Meg' uses a separate reservoir for the clutch I would still use the better quality fluid as per the brakes

5. Thank you so much

6. Nick, brake fluid is so relatively cheap that I usually get 4 x 1/2 litre bottles just to be safe. I probably end up pushing half of it completely through but its just nice to know all the bubbles and old liquid are definitely out.

7. I’m currently looking into doing clutch when next change brake fluid. Can the bit/pipe I’ve heard you drain the clutch fluid from be accessed eaisily from underneath the car? I was under there this morning having a look and could only see one pipe going into the top of the Gearbox/diff/clutch casing that I thought could be what I’m looking for?