Cheap r26 gearbox on eBay

Discussion in 'eBay Items, Pistonheads & Autotrader Ads' started by Lee in scunny, Apr 14, 2015.

1. That is real cheap.... it shows NDO 000 in 2 pics and then ND0 020 in the other?, is ND0 000 a standard 225 box?

2. haha gone already...not me

3. How is that cheap?

i admit the mileage is low but i've seen plenty of nd0's for less than that

4. Is it definitely an r26 box

5. It was a normal nd0 000, not an nd0 020

6. Yeah thats what I was concerned about: in the item small print it has the part number down as 'ND 0000' so the buyer probably might not have any recourse, very sneaky and misleading having the picture with the ND0 020 sticker on it though

7. ..........and having it listed as an R26 box

8. Wow, im dreading having my gearbox die on me now if they cost 750!

9. Apparently it's come from a 2007 r26r.

10. I want one if one comes up !!

11. All r26's have a ndo 000 code but the one on top of the box has a 020 which is the LSD model. If you look underneath the ndo020 is also stamped into the box. That was a bargain as most do £600 upwards.
    Lee

12. Thanks for the heads up Mate.

13. So you're sure this is a nd0 020?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  14. Am i Lucky or what? after posting this message i visitted the listing again. it appeared to be relisted but now with description of an nd0020. After glancing over the pics i could see the sticker which was on the earlier listing on top of the gearbox.

Sent the guy an email to confirm but couldn't wait and bought it:wink:

15. You bought it mate?

16. yeah mate! as i said, when looking yesterday the listing was ended already, but apparantly because the description was so vague.

I watched again tonight and it was on again with a way better description....

17. Cheers Lee - good to know, fountain of knowledge as always

18. Strange as I bought it yesterday and I've not cancelled it or told them I'm not having it?

19. hmmm that's strange! you paid for it already?

This might get odd! :worried:

20. Yeah paid yesterday and apparently it's on course for delivery?

I was in talks with him as the details was vague and misleading, he replied back with evidence so I told him I'd happily have it.

Not heard anything back from him and it notified me when he had sorted the delivery.

21. If he's messed me about il be more than pissed off.

22. yeah i understand mate, nothing i can do about it though....

23. Nope it's all him.

I've pad for the box so I best get it.

24. He has a legal obligation mate I'm pretty sure, hopefully you'll be alright

25. This is bad!

26. The bloke has got 100 percent feedback from 332 so I'm sure it will all work out.

27. I guess there are two options, either they have 2 but used the same description, which i doubt. Or an employee relisted it by accident?

28. Daz

Daz

I was hovering over the buy it now button for ages on this... glad I didn't now!

29. Me too. Both have 52k miles which seemed weird to me so left it.
    I also looked at what he had sold in the last few months and nothing at all is listed from an R26, only thing I did see was a complete engine and ancillaries from a laguna 2.0 turbo.

30. All parts numbers match and even Renault have clarified it.

If I get it, it will be having a rebuild anyway regardless.

31. Sent him an email asking what's going on.

i hope you'll get what you paid for and i'm sure i'll be heading to paypal's resolution centre after.

please let me know mate

32. It's on it's way to me chap and refunding you.

Nice bloke just got confused.

33. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

:cool:

34. Indeed, just got this message: 'SORRY ITEM WAS RELISTED IN ERROR AS BUYER SAID NEVER WANTED ITEM BUT AFTER SPOKE TO HIM HE DECIDED HE DID WANT ITEM SO I WILL HAVE TO REFUND YOU EVER SO SORRY FOR ANY INCONVINIENCE'

35. Bummer! Really needed it, especially at that price!

36. Yeah, until he confirmed the part numbers i was unsure.

37. My mate does gear box rebuilds , Scott's gear boxes in notts, he will look after you just tell him I sent you

38. Hve fun with it mate, atleast it's gone to a enthousiast and not to a trader making quick money