Sponsored By:  

Bedford Autodrome

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by dan4291, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Thinking of booking a track day at Bedford Autodrome on 25th November through Javelin Trackdays. Is Bedford a decent track for novices? Going to get some tuition while I'm there so hopefully that'll help. Heard that they're quite strict on noise limits too, although my 250 is stock would a midbox chop flag up as a problem at Bedford?

2. Hi Dan
    Bedford is a great track with loads of run off if you need it, the full track is long 3.8 miles, gives you a bit of a rest on the straights :laughing::laughing:
    Tuition is always good for any track you have never been to before.
    My 265 with a full 3inch Miltec without a centre box is well under there static limit.

Will see how Spa and Blister Berg goes, might do this one as well.

dan4291 likes this.
  3. I have a 250 with mid box and no issues in the slightest at Bedford. It is a good open circuit especially if fairly new to trackdays. The high power cars tend to do very will with the long straights, gives loads of overtaking opportunities. Loads of run off also.
    Tuition is good as even in a standard car it is good to get the instructor perspective of where you should really be braking and turning.

dan4291 likes this.
  4. What tyres and pads have you got?

5. Michelin PS4 tyres, PF Z Rated front pads, PBS rear pads. Also got braided front lines.

eddie ninja likes this.
  6. I’ve got PS4s on mine and not great on a hot day on track but in November should be spot on. Got a Bedford TD next week and hoping it’s a cool day!

7. a said outstanding all round road tyre the ps4 not designed for proper trak use good for couple laps then heat builds up and become bit squishy