BC Racing DS series, what spring rates?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by BlueNGT, Jul 5, 2021.

1. So, I am close to getting all the parts fitted to my 225, last thing to sort out is order the coilovers.

I am swaying toward BC Racing DS series as I want to track it and maybe use on road occasionally.

I see 7/4....7/7 and 8/7 springs rates.

I suspect I need 7/7 or 8/7 for track, I have no experience of BC, are there big differences between 7 kilo and 8 kilo springs?

Thanks

2. Got the DS series on my R26, I went with 8kg front, 7kg rear. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

3. I've got R26 front ARB and R28 Rear Beam to go on plus, Powerflex bushes and loads of other parts :blush:

I had read 8/7 was the way to go. Will need to get these ordered as they are not in stock.

4. I have the DS coilovers and i went 8/7kg, great on track but on the road there quite hard, i just fitted out of the box and run the engine in.

Once i measured the heights i then realised they were way out, 665mm at the front and 645mm at the rear, adjusted them to around 555mm at the front and 650mm at the rear, still not quite right should really be 650mm front 660mm rear.

The best thing i did was to lengthen the rear shock by a good 30mm that the lets the rear come up a bit over the bumps on the road, happy with the way they are now, but will set up the ride heights properly.

5. I agree with Ian, they are hard on the road, even set almost fully "soft". My other half now refuses to even look at the car, let alone get in it again after a total of 6hrs in it yesterday.....its too hard, too noisy and the seats aren't comfortable! Wtf do women know anyway??? [emoji23]Hopefully I'll find out how good they are on track soon!

manugtt likes this.
  6. My rear shocks were the thing that was setting the ride height, i disconnected them and then set the springs to give a better ride height, then wound the shocks down another 30mm then refitted.

On the road i use 5 clicks front and rear that seems to work on the road.

7. Ok, great for the replies, I'll get the 8/7 kilo set ordered!!!

8. Good choice! Got mine from Kam Racing, they had to be ordered from the manufacturer but still arrived very quickly.