Battery drain from subwoofer??

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Meerkat, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Any stereo wiring experts? Fitted a Pioneer GD-D1004 and new speakers and all works perfectly. Fitted subwoofer in boot but could not connect a remote wire. Tried the he normal blue/white wire without any luck. Basically the amp does not power on until stereo is on which is perfect. I have wired the power cable straight from the battery and split the power cable into two so wire goes into the remote connection as well as the power. All works great. Only issue is when car radio is off and also car off the little green power light on the subwoofer is on. The amp is not on. Will this drain my battery even through it is only lighting an led as such? Plan to tackle the remote wire at the weekend

2. ' little green power light on the subwoofer is on. The amp is not on'
    Shirley the sub is self-powered so if light is on then amp is active and will of course eventually drain battery

3. Was not sure how much power it was using as we all leave our TV on standby with red led light on but is using little if no electricity.

4. a TV on standby from mains power is negligibly unfortunately even small trickle will deplete battery over time, just depends what the draw is and how long you leave it. is there no provision to switch off sub amp ??

5. No power button. Going to eventually sort out the remote wire but not until next weekend. Car is used daily so should be okay but just realised eady temporary solution is to remove the fuse at the back of the sub. Bloody remote wire was a nightmare trying to sort.

6. Check the current drain by sticking a multimeter in line with the power cable. Chance are, as mentioned, that the amp is powered up and therefore will drain a battery fairly quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. All sorted now. Sussed out which cable to connect the remote wire to.

8. Where did you wire it from?

9. It was the red wire. In one of the harness connectors. I have quadlock iso adapter fitted as have a Pioneer amp in glove box. Looks like spaghetti junction behind the stereo lol

10. And thats defo ignotion switched?

11. Yes. No power to sub until stereo is turned on and sub turns off as soon as stereo is off.

12. Sweet, will remember that when i do mine.

13. Oh is this a red cable in the cars loom or in iso lead for the amp?