Back in another RS250, The Banana

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by RS_Christian, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

After a very very short lived experience with an M135i: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=&t=1840485 I have ended up getting rid and back into a Megane RS250.

I had a few issues of my own with the M135i I had. The car wasn't standard, and was over 420bhp, and it was fantastic, in a straight line. The car is great at everything, its fast, comfy, enough space, good tech, looks alright, great engine and noise, but my main gripe was, my god is it boring. It just felt like any other BMW, not special in the slightest, no character. So like I said, it was short lived, but I got all my money back and a very special Megane in exchange.

I've had a couple of RenaultSport cars in the past, a Megane RS250, and a well specced R26 Track car. Now i'm back again with this! I couldn't stay away, these cars always feel special, are very rare in comparison to other 'Hot Hatches', and are always, always FUN! I've honestly had more fun in the last 48 hours than in the whole 4 months with the BMW.

Some pictures of the previous megs:

Megane-Project-1.jpg

Megane-Project-2.jpg

Megane-Project-3.jpg

The old Golf I built:

GOLF-PROJ-2.jpg

Golf-Project-1.jpg

Golf-Project-2.jpg

Golf-Project-3.jpg

After picking the car up, straight to the fuel station for some good stuff before a straight forward drive home from Manchester, averaging a absurd 46mpg!

Megane-Project.jpg

So the spec, bare with me:

2011 Renault Megane RS250
    CUP and LUX pack
    LSD
    Leather Recaro's
    Sat Nav (rare apparently)
    Climate Control
    Keyless entry and go

Engine:
    Fully Forged engine 5k miles ago
    RS Tuning Hybrid Turbo
    Tubular Manifold (sounds crazy)
    630cc injectors
    Airtec Intercooler
    Ramair Filter
    Ktec Non Res Exhaust
    Updated lower engine mount
    Mapped by RS Tuning. 365bhp 390lb-ft

Gearbox:
    Factory LSD
    RS Tuning Billet Flywheel (unnecessarily noisy tbh)
    New OEM Clutch Kit
    Gearbox Bolt Mod
    Short Shift Kit (soon to be changed)

Chassis:
    BC Racing Coilovers with Adjustable Top Mounts. (holes cut out to allow excess)
    18x8 wheels (soon to be changed)
    Michelin PS4's
    Godspeed 2 piece C Hook Front discs
    Standard Brembo 4 pot calipers
    Braided Brake Lines
    Ferrodo DS3000 pads

Some exterior modifications.
    Some more pictures:

Megane-project-33.jpg

Megane-project-22.jpg

Megane-project-4.jpg

Megane-project-10.jpg

On my drive home i'd planned to pop in to see someone local with a set of 17x9j Enkei RP01's so I purchased them and popped them in the boot.

Megane-project-6.jpg

I then dropped them to the powdercoaters to go satin black and ordered a set of Michelin ps4's in 235/45/17, hopefully they'll be on by the end of the week.

Here's how they should look:

Megane-project-7.jpg

Megane-project-9.jpg

Megane-project-8.jpg

The plan has always been to buy the ever popular CAE shifter for the car (i have always wanted one in every car ive had!) and was going to get one over the next couple of months. However, as it always is with these things, one popped up on ebay second hand with 1k miles on it, such a rare item to come up for sale, i had to have it. That's being posted to me this week and should look like this when it's all in:

Megane-project-5.jpg

That's it for now, only had the car 2 days! I will get some pictures next week with it all set up.

Looking forward to getting it over to the Nurburgring and a couple of UK tracks in 2020.

Thanks all,
    Christian

RossoCS, Mikeyjp and Si271 like this.
  2. When you can’t afford a GT3... get stickers.
    yr31hECI.jpg

VGPGYMu0.jpg

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mega!

Those tyres are gonna be a little stretched on the 9 though incase you wanted fat fitment

RS_Christian likes this.
  4. The same set up as Toomer has on his enkei's mate, looks pretty fat enough, will see man. Got a good deal on some PS4's that arrived today.

5. #TEAMBANANA jealous of the forged engine. Gonna look sweet with the CAE. more than likely gonna end up with one later this year after i decide what wheel i want.

6. Was shocked when someone sent me the eBay link for it, had to pull the trigger.

7. Yeah when i seen your instagram story i was shocked that one was on there!

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've got them on mine as well lol, definitely stretched fronts are a 9, rears an 8 e12a724dcc7deee42535e088df03f6ab.jpg

Just-that-ek likes this.
  9. CAE arrived yesterday, what a beautiful thing. Fitting it tonight, wish me luck!!

Megane-CAE.jpg

Megane-CAE-2.jpg

Attached Files:

Joe likes this.
  10. Well the shifter is in, was an absolute nightmare. Managed to get a few pictures in the dark, will post them later.

The feeling of the shift now is like no other. Only problem I'm having is that if i'm in the same gear for a while, I actually forget what gear i'm in, and if you look at the shifter... it looks like its in neutral no matter what gear you're in confused.gif

So, CAE fitting commences:

IMG-8494.jpg

I was joined by some more Yellow friends.

IMG-8495.jpg

IMG-8496.jpg

IMG-8498.jpg

Out comes the old shifter.

IMG-8497.jpg

IMG-8500.jpg

And in goes the CAE.

IMG-8502.jpg

And then to put the trim back in, absolute ball ache!! We had do some trimming to it to get it to fit back in, but it's in.

IMG-8506.jpg

We decided to cut away some of the centre console so you can properly see the shifter properly, I am very aware this is a rush job look haha, but I have got some rubber trim edging to put in the tidy it up.

IMG-8507.jpg

IMG-8508.jpg

11. Do you have to modify the cables to fit the shifter or is it plug and play?

12. Yes you do, but only a tiny bit.

13. Just googled the fitting guide. looks like a proper ball ache to fit!

14. Wheels have been collected from the powdercoaters, went for Satin Black in the end, chuffed with the end product.

Ready for the tyres to go on now, mounting them on the car tomorrow along with some suspension tweaks.

Can't wait to get this thing on track this year. February I'm hoping. Anyone got any track days booked yet?

Megane-wheels.jpg

megane-wheels-2.jpg

15. Was looking to do Bedford in March time if i can figure out why my car vibrates when i accelerate (thinking drive shaft) and why when i go on full lock do i get a massive CLUNK sound :tearsofjoy: Wheels look mint hows the CAE?

16. test drove this before i bought another yellow car of alex, was a nice drive, see you removed the gay rear fin lol respect.

interesting the bmw.

ive had 2 x r33gtrs running mid 700,s and e36m3 saloon lastly a sti spec c ltd 350/350.
    chased a few meganes at the ring and fancied trying one. i was going to go bmw 135 or 140i too...well see if i get on with this one lol. bernie

17. one quick question,i know you sold the wheels and im trying to buy some. the supplier calubre say they need a 7mm spacer to fit and are asking do i want it. did those has a 7mm spacer fitted thanks bernie

18. No spacers on my car when the calibra’s just came off. Just a spigot ring.

rockabilly likes this.
  19. got mine on now cheers mate