April 2016 RS 275 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by RobKelland, Oct 15, 2019.

1. I posted earlier in the Meg projects page about my 275... After a day of stewing i've a serious question for the brains trust and any Renault workers. In 2015 a range of models where brought out. Ranging from 265 cup, 265 cup premium, 265 trophy. 275 cup 275 cup premium 275 trophy and 275 trophy R. 2016 ticks over and in April one model is released, the 275 cup. This turns out to be a 265 cup, 18 inch wheels, non recaro cloth seats, no centre armrest in the rear, no sports exhaust. the only thing saying its a 275 is the unusual engine mapping, which is comprised of 275, 265 and 220 map info, the VIN and ECU are standard to 265 models. Can anyone PLEASE tell me why this is?? And is it a regular thing done if there's and over surplus of a particular vehicle model??

2. You sure your car wasn't written off, stripped of parts and then botched back together

3. Believe me Mike, that thought is starting to cross way more often!! Haha....

4. Have you done a reg check? Vcheck.uk is the best one to use

Any megs built in april 2016 should be either a 275 nav or 275 cup-s. They didn't make anything else at that time.

5. Vulcan, do you know of anyone who has the base map for these models as they resemble nothing of the 2015 stock.... I really like this model, but if I can't mod it then it's gotta go...

6. Sure i have heard that Chris at EFI has worked the ecu out now.

7. Ian!!! How do I get in contact with Chris please!!!

8. Phone EFI....??

9. At first point you will have to E mail him, will take a couple of days for him to get back to you.

I like his way of working though, when he's working on you car he doesn't answer the phone or speak to anyone that walks into the workshop, unlike another tuner i have used.

10. Sorry Ian I'm in Australia and have not heard of EFI before...

11. You know there is an Australian forum?

It's fine posting on the here, but I should think they can help you better with questions like, where to get your car mapped

12. Will be a bit of a drive that :laughing::laughing:

Still be worth asking a question

https://www.efi-parts.co.uk/