Another Mk3 suspension thread

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Meg16_Beth, May 12, 2019.

1. So I've owned my car for just over 3 years, enjoyed lovely roads. Some great surfaced ones and others that look like they're designed based on crumpets.
    The standard cup suspension is fine, but what's an upgrade for what is mostly a road set up? I do about 3 track days a year and it's my daily car.
    More compliant damping at lower speeds would be nice.
    The ohlins kit for trophy cars is an option as it's a 'road and track kit'. Just finding a complete set is the question.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

There isn't an upgrade for mostly Road use, even on track the OE Cup set up, is very, very good.

RobbieR likes this.
  3. Yeah i thought as much. I'd just prefer more compliance from the dampers on rough surfaces but if there's nothing out there that's fine -Thanks

4. Bilstein B14 kit ?

5. I have Ohlins retrofitted and they are simply perfect for b road use. Especially when adjusted to "b road setting" reccomended by renaultsport.

Meg16_Beth likes this.
  6. How much did you pay for your Ohlins and where did you get them from/who fitted them? If you don’t mind me asking.

7. Bought new from the Polish ebay store. Now the price is higher though

8. Yeah i noticed that because i asked him if the composite springs are included. Then the price went about £200 higher, the picture got changed too. I guess I’ll have to retrofit them too. Wonder how that’ll play with insurance since it’s OEM components I’m putting on

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Expensive change for not a lot of gains tbh