Airbag Light permanent code out possible?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by r_turner01, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Hi All

As per the title, does anyone know if it is possible to permanently code the car to have no airbags?

Currently the car has the airbag light on and the spanner which are really annoying!

Just to clarify, the car is a fully built race car and has no airbags or any such thing anymore in case you thought i was trying to get around an issue :smile:

Thanks

Rich

2. Do you still have the airbag ecu and wiring in place ? If so I would have thought you could code out the airbags with clip.

Hopefully a clip expert will be along to advise.

3. Good question, I dont think i do, it was bought all done, the whole car was a bare shell build, what wasnt required went, out of interest do you know where they ecu would be?

4. It’s somewhere between the gear stick and handbrake I think. Has all the air bag wiring been removed ?

5. Looks like the attached on a R26 / 225

Attached Files:

6. Hi Paul,

yes, all of that came out, seats etc, the centre console still exists so ill take a look under there just incase.

Would be nice to get the light off tho, it says check airbag.. i cant they arent there :smiley:

7. If you don’t have the ecu I reckon you will have to resort to old school. Remove the dash clock binnacle, remove the facia and cover the lamps with Matt black vinyl or remove the leds from the PCB.

8. yes, i fear that could be the case, although the spanner light is still on and I guess i would be better to keep that operational!

9. I’m sure if there was something major ‘other’ lamps would illuminate

Plenty of Matt black vinyl on eBay for next to nothing

10. Thanks!

Will report back when ive had a look if the ecu is still there.

11. Just to update, had the top of the console off, nothing under there!

There is a plug running to where i think the ecu used to live but thats it :smile:

12. Black vinyl it is then

13. What is strange is I ran a diagnostic check, and it came back no faults found, at all... everything working.. half of the car isnt there any more :smiley: