R26 Air con delete bracket

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Geoff230F1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I think Ktech has a new product for repositioning the alternator to delete the air con pump. I'm sure I've not seen it on their site before. I like the sound of it rather than the Pure motorsports option. Any experience of the product from anyone?

2. Just read my headline to the thread, now shaking my head lol
    I've just spoken to Ktech about the kit. It is a new product for the R26. It sounds like a reasonably easy thing to install.
    2 things to bear in mind which isn't an issue to me but isn't explained with the kit and is advised over the phone by them is the Radiator needs spacing away from the alternator slightly and a lug needs grinding off the alternator. I think I might go for one

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Save yourself the money and modify the OE pump and have the grand cost of nothing

4. i did this, stripe the internals of my pump out, took about 10 minuted.

5. Thanks Gents, I have read posts from you Ian about doing this but thought it might be good to loose the pump completeyl. You've given a detailed post on whats involved somewhere Ian. does the strip down need to be done from the pulley end or the back end of the pump. Ive removed everything now apart from the pump side of things. No wonder my air con wasn't working, the rad crumbled to pieces when I removed it!

6. I know there was an air con delete kit available and that used a stretch belt, but the one i knew about it kept falling off.
    The hardest part is getting the clutch plate off, after that its not too bad, there are there long 8mm headed bolts on the back, undo those and the unit splits in the middle, just make sure that when you split it that you do it over a tray or such like, its full of a green liquid.
    then basically you knock the shaft out and all the guts fall out.
    Bolt the two half's back together and put the pulley back on.

7. Hmm, the Ktech kit uses a stretch belt which did have me wondering about that. Im running the car at the moment without the air con pipes connected to the pump and the fluid has been leaking out! oops lol
    I'm going to be removing the bumper next weekend for a few bits I want to do so I'll have a go at the pump then. Thanks for the info.

8. I fitted the ktec kit.

I had to space the bottom of the radiator out by about 40mm, properly bodged it if I'm honest!

Everything is working, but I've probably done 100miles so can't comment on the reliability etc.

If I could do it all again, I'd just gut the existing pump.

9. Thanks for the feedback mate

10. Thanks Ian for all the advice you've previously put up about gutting the air con pump. I did mine today, what a job but very pleased it's all done now.

11. No problem Geoff :sunglasses:

12. Geoff
    I am at Bedford on Saturday if you can make it, can come as a passenger if that helps.

13. Yeah I can mate. I'll pm you about it.