Air intake

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by Dave Smith, Apr 17, 2019.

1. I installed a blanking plate and removed the forge blow off valve that sounded terrible from my r26 Mégane. I have a k&n panel filter but there is no noise from the turbo now. It's silent. When I pull the hose off the airbox it sounds way better.

I know blanking plates aren't good for the turbo, not into that debate at the moment, I'm just after a induction kit, or pod filter that will go onto my samco hoses.

The pic is before I removed the bov. cf2491cbd6ce5eccd7cbc114661614a8.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

2. It's quite simple mate..... Stick an induction kit on it! The standard airbox is adequate, but muffles any sound. An induction kit/cone filter on your air intake will increase performance and indeed give you a much better sound!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. A decent filter/induction kit, plus a dump valve does actually sound quite good!

4. Finally...... Who says blanking plates are no good?! Why do so many people use the combination, inc the dump valve?! Many top tuners believe that using both allows the turbo to spin up faster. If you don't like it, spend the money and get a decent recirc valve!

5. Anyone have any good links or any intakes for for sale?

6. Have a look at Ktec induction kit, or ITG induction kit, or make up a combination of the two.

7. Airbox mod and k&n panel is a good combo in my opinion :sunglasses:

8. It has a k&n in it already. What's the mod? Drilling the box?

9. Cut a big panel out of it around where the standard ducting goes into it.

10. Great thanks, im just worried about too much back pressure on the turbo as there is no recirc valve any more and there is no wastegate flutter coming off boost. Ill try this and order a K-Tec induction kit in the meantime

11. Defo worth a try, bit cheaper than the K-Tec kit :tearsofjoy:

12. And remove the sound deadening foam from inside the airbox after cutting the corner off, for a bit more sound. Still quite quiet hough IMO.

13. Hopefully won't be when I hack it to pieces later on this evening [emoji1787]

chappers2000 likes this.
  14. Or... Do this! [emoji3] 480853a530d1eccc5274f2c1af95c2a4.jpg

chappers2000 likes this.
  15. Been trying all day to get my hands on a pod filter. None to be had here. I've hopefully a deal on a MTC Motorsport intake done but that will be next week before it arrives

16. And just like that it's fluttering like a mad thing. The strip down was painless, the reassemble was fine, but the connectors into the ECU take a bit of persuasion but it's on now. It's only temporary until the full kit arrives and I can do it all again [emoji28] 77119698780e0cfc2b66fd31d477b185.jpg 757564e4c678ee1e7c34294fe7421ada.jpg

Si271 likes this.
  17. Buy a itg one I’ve got one on mine and the sound is wicked I haven’t got a dump valve and wouldn’t ever need one with that induction kit it’s mega loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. I actually picked up a KTR induction kit. At the moment I have it hooked into my samco intake hose as getting to the jubilee clip to swap the KTR one requires stripping and weather's not bee great for that here. But it sounds insane. Blanking plate and no dump valve with the KTR is a lovely deep flutter sound.

aarroncolley and Si271 like this.