250 4 Wheel Alignment

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by paulashy, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Had the tracking done on my RS250 as i found it was pulling a little to the left, it was out so has it adjusted. I find it does still pull a little to the left but am not sure if it just me fussing over nothing. Had an MX5 track car with 550lb springs that did pull left and right dependent on which way the road fell away due to such stiff suspension, Wasn't sure it this maybe the same with the cup suspension possibly? Just had 4 new tyres fitted so can be any uneven wear on them. Am looking into getting a 4 wheel alignment but is their much adjustment that can be made on the rear of the car dont want to get it done if they're only going to adjust the front or will they match the front to the rear due to not being able to get much/any adjustment on the rear? Anyone else had anything like this as may just be me worrying about nothing.

2. afaik, the rear is not adjustable at all...

3. If the road is clear !!

Try sitting in the centre of the road to see if it is not the road camber. Also tyres are graded as to where the centre of the tread is if you put two the same on an axle woth a left of centre , centre for example it will have a tendency to pull too.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its normal for cars to pull due to the road camber, The LSD in our cars just exaggerates it. Worn ball joints can also contribute to it, Mine was horrible before had all 4 done. no confidence in it, Felt like it wanted to stick you into the first hedge

5. tried the centre of the road test on the way home tonight and i think its just me as it seems fine and if your on the other side it seems to drift to the right slightly so think its just the road. the ball joints look fine but will double check for any play next time the weathers ok. it certainly isnt pulling bad i just have a thing about it tracking straight think its just my ocd kicking in. might try swapping the wheels over side to side see if it makes any difference and if it does solve it i guess its free. what are peoples thoughts on 4 wheel alignment waste of time with lack of adjustment on rear?

6. I personally only recommend 4 wheel alignment (hunter). It seems to make my steering wheel point straighter than simple tracking.

7. Hi guys, new member here . Picking up a 2012 rs 265 in white on Saturda . Love Reading about all your mods but for the time being I just want to change all 4 tyres and get everything aligned properly.

Any recommendations on tyres and does anyone know what alignment values these cars should have from factory?

I won't be tracking but just want the geo and tyres perfect so I can feel how this car should of handled like out the factory.

Thanks

8. As above Hunter 4 wheel setup, they will have the factory settings available, as for tyres a really good all round tyre i have gone for the Goodyear Asymmetric 5's, had the 3's and was very impressed with them and the 5' are supposed to be better.

Novaboyracer likes this.
  9. Thanks

10. only thing adjustable if its factory car is front toe
    worth doing alignment though see how far the rest it's out of wack
    then can decide if want induce camber/toe to front/rear with aftermarket products

11. /