1. Previous owner lost the sd card for the maps right before selling it to me but I had seen the car previously with the sd card in and the maps were working. I've bought another sd card for it to replace the lost one (this one) but I'm still having trouble getting the maps to work. Just says no maps found and nothing happens when I plug the new sd card into the slot. Any info appreciated, cheers

2. Why did the seller even take the SD card out? Seems odd, possibly it wasnt working and an easy excuse to say they lost it.

3. The dealer doesn't keep them in the cars because people kept stealing them. They keep them separate with the log books. The first time i viewed the car the sd card was present and the nav was working, the sd card was lost in between the initial viewing and picking the car up after purchasing. I just can't figure out why this new card isn't working

4. id expect better control of such items if this was a dealership.

regarding your map question, im afraid its back to the dealer.

5. Some of these cards are 'cloned' so they don't always work. However my car developed a faulty reader one day and took the card out with it ( I literally went over a bump and the card popped out and would not go back in bur the card would not read in a pc either) I suspect you need a dealer visit.

6. Hey man, I had the same problem. You can load the maps by using the old software Tom Tom home. It will write all the required data you need, even if it's a new card.

Mine was saying no maps, I took the existing card out and plugged it into my laptop. Most have a build in sd card reader. You then run Tom Tom home and you can choose to update them, can't remember the menu options but it was fairly straight forward.

Download the Tom Tom home software here

7. I just contacted renault technical support on whatsapp and they sent me out a new sd card with the latest maps and latest r-link software for free. Really impressed with the help from them to be fair.

8. That's amazing!