265 check abs/esc/braking system fault

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nathan.H, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Hi all

Had the above fault come on and off a couple of times over the last few months so didn’t think much of it. After a spirited drive today it has now come on to stay.

I’ve checked all 4 abs sensors with a multimeter and all seem okay. Removed the front two abs sensors and cleaned them but the light is still on. Also checked the brake fluid level and all seems good.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Is your steering wheel straight, is your car pulling to one side or the other, also you might gave cleaned the abs sensors, but i have found metal filings/rust stuck to the magnetic ring on the bearing.

If you have Clip, there is a way of checking the number of pulses of each wheel, that could tell you which one is playing up.

Nathan.H likes this.
  3. Get it diagnosed. Mine kept doing the same, and the read out said it was the ABS unit itself. Swapped it for a reconditioned one, and that cured it for me.

Nathan.H likes this.
  4. The light went off on my way to work this morning. If I take it somewhere would they still be able to read the code if the light isn’t on?

5. those ABS cables can fracture inside and become intermittent, a decent scan system should indicate which corner is faulty, had same intermittent and replaced what looked like perfectly good cable

Nathan.H likes this.
  6. I think the ECU will record these errors, so you can see what they are later, without having the light on.

Nathan.H likes this.
  7. Good stuff - cheers for that!

8. It will be held in the ecu as a stored code, will have to be deleted to clear it, but will not stop it working if the fault is cured

9. Thanks for the help guys. Was the front RH sensor! Nice easy job

10. Told ya....how’d you find the offending cable

11. My mates code reader told me it was the RH sensor. So without that I would’ve still been scratching my head!

12. Might find other side not far behind

Nathan.H likes this.

13. There are no magnetic rings on my RS Megane 250 lux. Clip says front left short. But I took off the right side that has no fault and still on the right side there is no magnetic ring reluctor ring whatever they are called.

Renault stealership says the megane 3 rs do not have rings on the front bearing or shaft the hall sensor reads the revolutions off the . call it cv on the outer at the hub. There are no rings either side and i only have a fault on the left . anyone thats certain do u perhaps have a pic off the ring