08 LY R26 For Sale. 58k miles. £6400

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by markoc, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Regrettably i'm selling my Liquid Yellow R26.
    I bought it from a fellow forum member 2 years ago.

It's advertised only on this forum for the next week or so and I will get another few pictures when i get the chance.

PM if interested.

FOR SALE 2008 RENAULT MEGANE R26 IN LIQUID YELLOW. 58,000 MILES

For sale is my low milage Megane R26 in stunning condition.

I have owned the car for 2 years but due to a change in jobs I need a daily driver and the Megane is too good for that.

It has been a pampered weekend car and kept garaged during my ownership. The car comes with a folder of receipts for services, parts and work carried out.

It has an MOT until October 2019. The car will come with the R26 AGB personalised reg.

EXTERIOR

The previous owner had the car professionally detailed shortly before I bought it. I would be a keen ‘detailer’ and have kept the stunning liquid yellow paint in great condition. It has to be one of the nicest colours of any car and it’s what really makes the car special.

The paintwork is in very good condition for a 10 year old car. There are a few small marks as to be expected.

The car has the R26R rear spoiler and it really finishes the back of these cars. The spoiler was fitted and painted by ‘Repair and Refinish’ who have experience in painting the Renault Liquid Yellow colour. When the spoiler was being painted the entire front bumper was painted to remove stone chips, the front grills and wing mirrors were painted gloss black and the alloys were refurbished and painted in the same gloss black. There were new genuine Renault decals fitted to the front bumper. The colour match and finish are perfect.

It has the dark insert headlights fitted which are desireable mod to these cars.

WHEELS, BRAKES + SUSPENSION

The wheels are original 18” and were professionally refurbed in gloss black and they are unmarked. There are 4 Goodyear Eagle F1’s fitted in the correct size of 235 40 18.

The car is fitted with the desireable Cooksport springs. The originals will be included in the sale.

Front disks and pads were changed in the last few thousand miles with Brembo disks and Performance friction Z rated pads. Fluid was changed with RBF 660. The red Brembos look great behind the black alloys.

Rears have plenty of life left on disks and pads.

This year the front inner and outer tie rods, anti-rotation links and drop links were replaced. The swivel bearings move freely and have no noticeable play in them.

ENGINE + EXHAUST

The car comes with service history with the important belts and water pump having been changed in Feb 2015 @ 48k miles.

It had its last oil change in September 2018 using genuine Renault oil and filter.

The car has been tuned by RS Tuning in Leeds to produce a very safe 274 bhp and 280 ft/lb with printouts to prove. It has a very expensive CGR 3” turbo back stainless steel exhaust fitted. This is one of the best systems you could buy for the Megane and all of the fittings are v-band.

It has an Airtec front mount intercooler (only fitted last year)

It has a short shifter (original shifter arm modified) fitted to the gearbox to make the gearchange much shorter and more precise. A must have for these cars.

INTERIOR

This is what sets it apart from most other R26’s. The interior is in very good condition with minimal signs of wear

The Recaro’s are in very good condition and it also has full leather rear seats and door cards.

Last year I had the steering wheel, gearknob, gearshift gaiter, armrest and handbrake retrimmed by ‘Snappy’. The steering wheel is half leather / half alcantara with the R26 logo stitched in yellow. The other parts are also in leather and alcantara with contrasting yellow stitching. All items are still like new.

It has custom made mats with the R26 logo.

The standard radio has been replaced with an aftermarket Bluetooth unit and you can still use the steering wheel mounted controls. The original will be included in the sale.

The AC doesn’t blow cold air (i’m not sure what the issue is. It may just need a regass?)

PRICE

£ 6400 ono

This is a low mileage and stunning condition car. There are receipts totalling £1000’s and it has been tastefully modified and very well looked after.

I live in Northern Ireland 30 minutes from Belfast and can meet any prospective buyers at airports or ports.

13147842_1355543471128914_4271065473487434381_o_zpssfmmn1wg.jpg

13147842_1355543471128914_4271065473487434381_o_zpssfmmn1wg.jpg
    IMG_20180601_212354_zpswhtdodsk.jpg IMG_20180601_212408_zpssf6ocgxm.jpg
    IMG_20180601_212445_zps3tdscm9n.jpg IMG_20180601_212600_zpsuw2pnpdj.jpg
    IMG_20190203_221533_zpse8klo3ef.jpg IMG_20190203_221600_zpsopsexkmi.jpg

2. @imprezaworks

Get this bought mate before a dealer spots it.

markoc likes this.
  3. To be fussy. White or red mate

Cheers though

markoc likes this.
  4. Cant believe you still havent bought one lol

5. Neither can I.

Been looking at allsorts and a handful of cars I have like we're sold or not quite as described :worried:

6. That's stunning GLWTS

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

markoc likes this.
  7. Here's a few more pics from late last Summer.
    IMG_20170526_205004_zpsbihjujbs.jpg
    IMG_20170526_205022_zpstnwpxrtu.jpg
    IMG_20170526_204515_zpst8g48fpa.jpg

JJZ, Cazper, Ian Hughes and 1 other person like this.
  8. All kinds of lovely!

markoc likes this.
  9. CAR IS SOLD!!!

Cazper likes this.
  10. Would be good to know if it was a member on here that bought it? I owned this for a number of years...