Youngest 275 trophy owner!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by cwtuning, May 8, 2015.

1. Hi guys I'm Connor I'm 19 from margate, just traded my rs200 Clio in for a Megane 275 trophy!! Pick the car up next Saturday and can't wait. Just thought I would say hi!

2. Hi Connor, welcome along.

Nice choice there - get some pics up when you get it.

3. Hi conner. That is young as above pictures! Insurance must be £££ for you at that age.

Picking my 275 up today. It's, been a long week so I feel your waiting pain :smile:

4. Good to see some more 275's :smiley:

What spec did you both get?

5. :wink:Morning.

6. Well done! Impressive that you can afford a 275 at 19! Get some pics up when you get it.

7. Welcome along mate, just in case you didn't pick up the subtle hints in previous posts.......PICTURES

8. Welcome mate. Insurance must've been interesting!

9. Welcome. Ill add to the list of people wanting to see pictures please!

10. Insurance is painful,3k for the year but I work hard enough don't drink don't smoke so it's my guilty pleasure haha! Really want a forge BOV as just ordered a BMC filter and some detailing goodies. Car has 3k miles on the clock ex Renault showroom demonstrator so has EVERYTHING! And ofc liquid yellow with black turinis :smile:

11. Pictures as soon as I recieve the car guys haha

12. Good spec! Love the Turini's. Glad I'm not 19 any more though! :tongueout:

13. I bought the car blind really. Saw it was available and the gearbox had gone on my rs200 clio for the 3rd time so part exd and got a good deal!!

14. 3k?!?!?!? brave lad

15. I salute your tenacity and saving skills cwtuning, sod the 3k insurance, that's a just a holiday to florida mate that lasts 18days, your 3k will put huge smiles on your face for the whole year, cant fault you lad, as the others pics asap, and welcome amigo ......

16. Nice spec dude, you'll love it I'm sure :smiley:

and not to rub salt in the wound, but my insurance was £245 :wink: ... but I'm an old man now in the eyes of insurers :worried: :worried:

17. Fair play to you, I was the same at 19 with a VX220 + BMW 335d (now 22), money isn't based upon age, its based upon hard work and dedication to getting what you want.

Bring it out to the Nurburgring on the 21st of May :wink:

18. £3000 for insurance.

holy shit

19. Haha the insurance doesn't bother me. I'm a proper enthusiast and the car will get treated better then most out there being 19 is just a number :smile: in set to go Nurburgring next month aswell

20. Wow, I thought I was young to have one at 26! Congrats mate, bet you can't wait. I waited over 4 months after ordering mine so that wait until next Saturday should fly by!

Great colour and wheel combo, same as mine. Have you got the Ohlins spec'd?

21. Enjoy bud !

22. Yes onlins spec' also :smile: it's ganna be a fun car!!

23. Lol my brother in laws 18 year old lad had an accident last year, just a minor bump into a car in front. His insurance after that was £3000 and that was for a 1.0L Polo!

24. I was surprised to only pay £700 for my SLK at 23 years old, but who knows how it works. As you say, insurance is just a number (scam at times) - you've got the car coming and that's all that matters :smile:

25. Welcome

26. All power to you mate. I don't believe in criticising others for what they've paid for their car. I've got to gloat a little in that I'm paying a tenth of your insurance price though, despite being just over 2x your age :tongueout:

Seriously mate, enjoy the car - they are immense. Brilliant spec as well.

Just don't crash it :eek:

27. You will be over the moon. I've just got mine. Similar spec as yours but with 3k more mileage. Omg I'm massively in love with it.
    2XabeDk.png

Best way to spend your money.

28. Congrats. For the record, I'm 21 with a 275. My insurance is £550 fully comp

29. Nice one wery nice.
    tho stil cant figure out how a 19yo can have a clio 200 already on 3rd gearbox (so probably for a year at least) and aford a new 275. And basicly just got out of school. Cinda envy you I must admit :smile: but in a god way.

30. We're all thinking the same thing Milos - gonna going to go wrong surely???

31. Very nice look forward to Jan when hopefully I'll be getting one. Have a good time at the ring but be careful, don't want you coming on here saying you've crashed.

32. Welcome.
    Remember buying an RS500 Cossy 20+ years ago ...........£2750 insurance
    Be careful

33. Congrats mate but stuff paying £3k for insurance!

34. It should drop a fair amount after the first year ? Have you got a named driver on your policy too ? That can make it cheaper. You can also have a higher excess which makes the insurance cheaper.

35. Fair play

Just dont bin it or get 3 points as you probably wont be able to insure it the next year!

36. Great choice! Look forward to seeing pics :smile:

37. Haha I'm the second owner of the clio. 62 plate and the previous owner has abused it.

Gearbox was crunching so that was replaced. It ten started popping out f gear and they condemned the second box and after a track day te third box syncros have gone between 3rd and 4th gear. Possibly the weakest box ever!

38. Where's pics come on..

39. If you read the post, I get the car Saturday the 16tg