Yellow RS250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by -Jamie-, Jul 23, 2013.

1. not got any progress pics of the build?

you going to be done to be at the CSOC night in a couple weeks time?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Only a few of it with the interior stripped and full tank dropped.

Yeah im gonna be there regardless of cage being in it or not. Was meant to be out today as well. Cage should be built by the 4th but its whether or not it will be back from being coated is the hold up now but they have guaranteed it to be back to me on the Tues as i cant miss yet another track slot, Already missed two in March due to weather/delays LOL!

LewisIrvine and evojkp like this.
  3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Should get an update tomorrow or Tuesday on it, praying its all gonna be done for the CSOC night
    a1a6488ec62fc2a5e0d5192716681102.jpg 51f0c7f785f3147c87fcb6b1f55cade7.jpg d507283691a38eb4868017fcb553ecde.jpg 4ae1c40f3ddda269ecabaecfb94d1854.jpg

StephRS and Big Uno like this.
  4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Oh yeah, Also got a set of Xenons to fit up once they have been painted which should finish up the front end

5. Noticed my rarb is rubbing like yours. Poor design really but I find it has made a improvement

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah it needs mounted further forward or the tub chopped, I went with the latter.

I wouldn't say it makes that much of a difference though, Makes it more stable at higher speeds but it definently hasn't made it extremely oversteer-y. The front is supposed to be the one that makes a more noticeable difference and is on my list when i change spring rates as well

7. Too what spring rates are you going to change?

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Don't know yet, Depends how it handles with the revised geo and front ARB.

AST UK recommended sticking with the current rates on the 5100's but im looking at upgrading to competition spec 5200/5300's as they are a lot stronger

YFZ450SE likes this.
  9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

So, more delays and won't be making Knockhill on Wednesday now, pretty frustrated about the whole thing

Not much progress either considering how long it's been away but progress nonetheless

ed3f03d599ca79dfee9c95105a82ac72.jpg c067ac91c35b6ce3528b52a82ede40fb.jpg

Big Uno and StephRS like this.
  10. Patience Jamie,it will eventually all come together. Since I bought my meg/clio, I must have done 50 plus jobs, but as you know, it will be well worth it in the end.

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah it will get done eventually, But we are already twice the length of time into the job that was originally quoted and id say its probably gonna be another 2 weeks til i actually have it back.

12. Not good mate. Hopefully the wait will be worth it by way of a quality product.

What has caused the delay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Various excuses/reasons mate, Fabricator had an injury, Delays in steel showing. Goes on and on and id just like it resolved now tbf. Gonna be hard for me to recommend them to anyone regardless of how good the work is. At the end of the day its still just a rear cage thats being done and not some mad full FIA weld in job, Which i could of had done quicker elsewhere

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Another rear X to go in then full welding and away for powder coating along with some proper seat bars added in. It should progress a bit quicker now hopefully a16edb4e3b86eaaf4cc09435d71fc62e.jpg

StephRS, Big Uno, Paul21 and 2 others like this.
  15. Starting to look good though....

Wednesday will be interesting if it goes ahead. Snow forecast again, so we'll see what happens. I'm away for all the other CSOC dates this year.

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah weather is looking dodgy, Part of me wants it snowed off so i can get a refund lol as i havnt been able to sell my slot so gonna loose out on cash again..

17. Hey Jamie! Nice to see you here to! And happy with your hybrid turbo from RS Tuning? Stage 1 or 2?

18. Looks like even with Snow there is no refund for those who cannot make it for the rearranged date. Oh well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Dunno, Whatever spec the RST one is, 20T.

Erm im still in the camp that they hybrid isn't worth it, for me anyway. I was 330 before so not a huge increase really.

20. Normaly they sell 2 stages :-)

Normaly they give 380 with reinforced clutch

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RST only sell one spec on Hybrid, Thats the 20T that will do 360-380.

22. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Almost there, meant to be back on Wednesday but I'm not happy with how the seat bars have been done so want them Reworked to my original spec and basically have the stock mounts Removed and the new ones mounted so they sit as low, if not lower. eaba3dffb888cc2b868778a71daf50b5.jpg f0d36628ddf0c0b875d6553e5081e1e1.jpg

massivewangers likes this.
  23. I bet the guy doing the work will be glad himself when it's finished. I take it you won't be passing on recommendations to him

24. Coming along now. What colour are you doing the cage?

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No comment...

The company sub's out the fab work and there was an issue with the original guy that was meant to do it, They guy that has actually done it is an Ex M-Sport senior body shell guy so its a proper job i guess.

Red, Of course haha

massivewangers likes this.
  26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's back d6a782b0e6c0153247ed113efa05be67.jpg

massivewangers, timbo and Mikeyjp like this.
  27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Gave it a quick tidy, still need to sort the wiring loom and a few other bits but it's a lot better than the dusty mess a couple days ago. d3f8f6315fd63c8d9045255054f9abeb.jpg 54264da60c53593c5a14b26ee83d82ce.jpg 51c745f65b0eae6680e5eb78d98253b2.jpg

28. See, I told you it would get there in the end!. Looks brilliant.

-Jamie- likes this.
  29. Glad you finally got it sorted and back home. That must be a big relief.

Looks like it means business!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

30. looks great mate. Finishes your car off nicely as a all out track weapon!

31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Out yesterday, not incredibly happy with how the car went, it's overheating which it's never done before so hoping it's just a lazy thermostat and the setup needs tweaks again, dunno if it's cause the cage has added some more weight to the back but it feels a good bit stiffer as well. c80a6eda5629b12c2694e9bb1ded8ba4.jpg 846962b04e2fd56de42e75709166a91e.jpg ecdb8659a1d92c22107f678154c09173.jpg ea91407aaba6ec584bb1cfcbbb30e2ea.jpg

timbo, James275 and Mikeyjp like this.
  32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

timbo, James275 and massivewangers like this.
  33. yer..deffo seem slow, did you edit the part where the factory 250 came passed mid corner, must have been humiliating

34. Thats looking solid mate. Cannot wait to get back on track when I get home. Booked onto 17th and 24th this time home. A knockhill night and Dreadnoughts.

35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Cheers man, Paul was trying to get me to do the May night when I was in last week seeing him but I have the Clio night the week after then SLS isn't to long after again so need to watch the spending

36. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

So, After saying i wasn't going to spend anymore money on this, I have :tearsofjoy:

Had to buy a new battery recently as my OEM one finally gave up, Replace with a PC680 thats around 9.5kgs lighter.

Also bought a set of 2 Way AST 5200's to replace my one ways....

Korky and massivewangers like this.
  37. Think you need to go the doctors for your drug addiction. How much were the ast's £3.5k.

38. With the 680 guessing you've full time power when its parked up for a charger, and wont leave for more than 2 days without charging when away. The current draw even without alarm in place is enough the drain that motorcycle battery pretty quick.

39. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No need, Its got plenty juice to last sitting for days without needing a charge.

40. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

So, I guess i was being a bit daft when i thought that id be having a year of trouble free use out of this. Not.

Had overheating issues on track last time out, Hoped it was just a sticky thermostat but its not made a difference with fresh coolant and stat, Looking likely to be getting the big Belt service done 20k earlier than expected.

Downpipe also has a large split along the weld at the turbo flange, So that needs replacing.

Oh and my swivels are starting to go and be noisy now, Great. Think this will be the 6th set its had now once they get changed.

Looking highly unlikely ill make Rounds 2/3 of SLS in a few weeks time not, Lacking funds and time to get the car all sorted and ready and id rather the car was running right before going out to compete.

Disappointed.