Wrong brake pads??

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by richmeg, May 10, 2017.

1. Ordered these and they don't fit . . . 06 Megane 225 . . . confused why not?

Can anyone enlighten me?

2. Can someone link me to pads that fit my car I'm very confused . . . there seem to be 3 different variation for RS models!?

3. they look like ATE ones, ph1 megane, not sure exactly what ph2's look like i think it the same as the r26 ones, someone will be along soon to shoot me down :laughing:
    If there wrong send them back, "distance selling" they have to take them back

4. Daz

Daz

I'd have thought an 06 megane would have ph2 rear calipers so they are the wrong pads.

They look very different so it should be easy to tell the difference

5. When I search via my number plate all suppliers are offering this shape pad but yeah very different to the ones I took off . . .

I can only guess that a previous owner fitted Ph 2 calipers at some point.

Unfortunately I got the pads off a friend who works for Renault so return would be tricky, I suppose I'll list on Ebay.

Ordered these in the meantime;
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AJTYGWA/?tag=rsmeg-21

6. Arent the ph1 and ph 2 rear calipers the same?

7. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

ph1 - ate calipers

10159034A.jpg

ph2 - TRW calipers

10174584A.jpg

8. So will the Ph1 calipers not fit R26 rear discs?

9. matt e

the r26 discs wont fit a ph1 as the stub axle is 25mm instead of the R26 being 30mm

10. OK thanks
    So just to clarify, the Ph1 calipers won't fit on an R26?
    Sorry for the questions

11. matt e

why would you fit them to a R26?

the carriers are different so you would need them as well

12. Basically my calipers need replacing and I have bought a pair off eBay not realising that they are different to mine

13. Daz

Daz

No they won't fit.

14. Carl is yours a Ph1 or Ph2 and what calipers have you bought the ATE or TRW ones?

Like Matt says depends if you got the mounting brackets as well??

15. Mine is an R26.
    Im going to send these back and have now ordered some trw ones so I hope everything should be OK.