Work on warranty

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Rocketron, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Well I got my megane 250 a couple of weeks ago, since then I've felt vague feeling in the steering, on bends there was that feeling of the wheel changing camber if that describes it. Had a hunch what it was, wishbone balljoints.
    Took it in, both wishbones and one hub needing replaced, now what amazes me, one hub had been replaced at 4.000 miles, and now the other is being done and both wishbones at 13.000 miles. Luckily it has a 4 year warranty but I'm amazed these are so soft. Will this problem reoccur regularly or what? As we all know they ain't cheap parts to replaces if fitting the bill.

2. Seems a bit of an excessive wear rate tbh. I've done 12k in my 265 now and one track day, there's still no play in anything.

3. I think the optional 19s seem to put a lot of stress on the balljoints if I'm honest, the ride feels harsh

4. What size wheels do you have??

5. I would say it all depends on how its driven, if the previous owner didnt care about speed bumps and pot holes, they will wear out pretty quickly, dont forget the suspension is pretty stiff compared to other hot hatches. Ive had both mine done, but the car was from london, so i can imagine its seen a few speed bumps round there. Im alot more careful then before mine were done now with speed bumps etc.

6. Has to be like you said, the car is immaculate, clearly been taken care of but with such skinny tyres and roads in Scotland not being the best it's not gonna help.

In all fairness the play is minimal, just with having renault sports before I spotted then signs early, sadly not on the road test as it was lashing it down and put it down to standing water.

What load rating do the majority use tyre wise? Mines are 91xl where as the michelins are 87 I think, would this affect the ride?

7. I'm on the 18" tibor wheels. Whereabouts in Scotland do you live?

8. Dunbar, East Lothian you?? I'm potentially swapping for the 18" cup alloys feel the 19s are crashy as hell

9. Very valid point Ryan, did you notice a positive difference once they'd been replaced?
    I pick the car up tomorrow, confirmed, both wishbones replaced plus drivers side swivel hub and carrier was replaced, tracking being done tomorrow.

10. Not really, mine was just knocking over un even ground etc. now its silent. Handling wise i dont really push it that hard on public roads to tell if it was effected.