Winter tyres??

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Frizz, Nov 24, 2013.

1. I'm looking at replacing the tyres.
    Does anyone run nokian wr a3 tyres??
    There a winter/cold weather tyre.
    I currently have hankook v12's fitted.

My 225 5dr is the daily family wagon it doesn't get driven properly very often.
    Any other recommendations or advice. Please.
    Cheers guys.

2. I run toyo snowproxes in 18/235/40. Very happy with them and make a massive difference in the cold and damp, let alone when it snows.Well worth the investment imho. I know Nokians are the cream of the crop so can't imagine you'll have any problems with them!

3. Hankook icebear is what I'm running. Damp they are ok but not really had them in winter fully but overheard good things and I believe not too expensive (got then with car!)

4. I'm waiting for 4 of the Nokian WR A3s, I'll let you know when they're fitted as to what they're like. Reading the reviews they seem very good and have similar ratings to some of the more expensive tyres

5. Cheers. Are you just going to run them over the winter?
    Where did you get yours? 17"?18"?

6. Yeah just over winter and on 19" rims on a Meg 265. I ordered them from a website called tyreleader, £160 each delivered for 19s - I thought that was a pretty good price for the rim size :smile: obviously got to get them fitted myself but still way cheaper than most other online sites

7. Wowsers. 19inch winters!

8. I'm planning on getting a second set of rims when the Bank Clamp allows, so stayed with the size I've got on now. I'm after a set of 19" OZ Ultraleggeras :smile:

9. Ok I've ordered a full set of nokian wr a3 tyres
    From funkytyres.co.uk
    Great prices very friendly.
    Check them out on Facebook.

10. Got mine fitted last Friday Frizz, way waaaay better than the Hankook ice bears I had on my R26. Really pleased with the way they perform, fingers crossed for snow tomorrow so I can test them properly, very impressed so far

11. That's good the hear. Hopefully I'll get mine in next week.

12. I'll be honest, I never had a problem with the Hankook Icebears - apart from the stupid name. Any brand winters have got to be better in the cold/rain/snow than summer tyres.

13. Does anyone have any experience of Yokohama W Drive winter tyres?

I have previously had Nokian WRG2 on my Clio 197, would love some WRA3's but i have been offered the above to go on my R26.

14. Well I've got 4 WR A3 tyres just waiting to get fitted and the weather to turn. Lol.

15. I have some Falken eurowinter HS439 in 235/40/18 (first ever winter tyres) and I noticed the difference straight away not tried them in snow or ice yet but in wet and cold weather they are brilliant, wished I had got them years ago.

16. Yeh this is my first shot at winter tyres.
    I'm sure there worth it in the long run.