White RS 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Duncan Barclay, May 22, 2017.

1. Thought i'd best get a build thread going.....

She is a 2010 RS 250 Cup in pretty much standard form at present, less the addition of a cat back non-res Scorpion exhaust, H&R lowering springs and a KTR panel filter. The car is in cracking condition and only has 37k on the clock.

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

When i first took ownership of her back in November, i had the timing belt, dephaser pulley and fluids replaced at Rentec in Edinburgh and the geometrey done at Clark Motorsport in Aberdeen.

Last month i had her down to SWR Autos in Stirling to get all the discs replaced with OEM, changed front pads to PF-Z rated, fitted Mr Pink Pins, changed the rear pads to DS2500, replaced the brake hoses to braided ones and changed/uprated the fluid. I also had a pure motorsport stud conversion kit fitted aswell.

Fitted a set of Federal 595 RSRs last week and did my first trackday at Knockhill on Saturday with the SIDC/Lotus Owners Club lads. It was pretty greasy to start with but once i got the pressures right, the car was outstanding, especially through the twisty stuff.

I've a few more dates booked for Knockhill in the coming months and look forward to getting out again, hopefully in dry conditions.

20_05_17_SIDC_1.jpg

20_05_17_SIDC_4.jpg

20_05_17_SIDC_2.jpg

She could do with a bit more power on the straights hence why i will probably fit a decat, FMIC and get it remapped at Ecotune in Glasgow but other than that, just enjoy the trackdays as its serious capable in current form....no need to jump in and spend £££ on coilovers etc just yet.

Nigelo, Dongerz, trickmansa and 2 others like this.
  2. Nice example this mate, and your choice of first mods is perfect [emoji120]

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

3. That's smart!

Would you recommend Rentec?

4. Would recommend both Rentec and SWR, fantastic service and great value for money from both garages.

5. Looking good mate. I'll keep an eye out for you at Knockhill. Trying to get dates sorted for myself, but seem to be offshore for most of the good ones. SIDC events are very well run by John with good driving standards.

I also can recommend Rentec. Good lads, know their stuff and good prices.

6. I'm booked up for the next SIDC track night on the 29th June, 6-8pm (still plenty space i believe) and going to book up for the Dreadnought night on the 17th August aswell. Hopefully see you and any of the other Scottish RS Megane lads at Knockhill soon.

Agreed regarding John, nice guy and very well organised events.

7. I'm away for both of those dates. Just waiting on knockhill releasing their extras by email to see what I can get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I might try get up to the SIDC night on the 29th, Was planning on maybe doing the MU the night before mind you.

Dreadnought nights are well run as well, Ive used Paul and Co for years for various things.

9. On the tuning front, any of you lads recommend a decent FMIC, seen lots on Airtec and Wagner, but would appreciate some input?

Same goes for the decat pipe, any ideas where to get the best one/deal?

The idea is to have them fitted at SWR Autos then fire through to Ecotune in Glasgow and get the car mapped. Probably going to do the dogbone mount and top mount insert at the same time i reckon just to be on the safe side.

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Wagner is the one to go for

Pyper likes this.
  11. Just booked up for the reverse night on 23rd June. The first dste I'm home for.

12. John, was that you i saw up at Knockhill last night? I noticed your Trophy in the car park right at the end of the session but everyone was watching Iains clio getting loaded on the back of a recovery truck so didn't bother coming over.

13. Pav

Pav

nice..great photos too...

14. Yes mate that was me, up for a walk with the camera to get out for a bit. A cracking night and great driving standards. I'm editing what I took and get them up soon. Got pics of all three Megs that were out on track, was good seeing all three of you on track at same time following each other...

15. Here's a couple of your car, I'll start another thread to share the other pics of the Megs on track last night.

35323259300_f2a8a732f6_c.jpg CSOC Knockhill 030717-00705 by John Phillips, on Flickr

35670880696_ac009b1ffd_c.jpg CSOC Knockhill 030717-00698 by John Phillips, on Flickr

35670845286_88604d487d_c.jpg CSOC Knockhill 030717-00759 by John Phillips, on Flickr

34868948304_0b7c7c3c55_c.jpg CSOC Knockhill 030717-00978 by John Phillips, on Flickr

Pyper likes this.
  16. Cheers John, some cracking photos there, great job.....:grinning:
    You got any other trackdays planned? I'm going to book the Dreadnought night on the 17th August and the CSOC night in early September.

17. Nothing as yet mate, got a few things going on so can't commit at the moment, but hopefully get sorted with dates soon. If I miss out on getting on track I'll be there with the camera.

18. never done Knockhill, bit of a run for me, although my Dad keeps going on about it, not so far for him from Thurso.Great pics by the way

19. Any of the Scottish lads going to Dreadnought on the 17th? John? Jamie?

I booked yesterday and spoke to Paul but he said no other meganes were booked up yet.....

20. No mate, I'll be offshore. The joys of working away.

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'm unsure yet, mine still needs a few bits doing but not doubt Paul will convince me when I take it down to get brakes doing

22. Some new bits and bobs have been arriving over the last week or so, ready to be fitted soon then remapped...

Wagner FMIC
    Scorpion Decat Pipe
    Lower Dogbone Mount
    Powerflex Yellow Engine Mount Insert
    Oil and Filter Change
    New Plugs

IMG_0655.jpg

Jimbob 2705 and Mikeyjp like this.
  23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

@Duncan Barclay March 3rd, Trackscotland day? Im up with a few mates in various things and i think there are a few other Meganes on as well.

24. Good shout. Is there still spaces available Jamie?

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

There should be Duncan, I stuck a thread up on here in the track section with a link to it