Whistle when letting off

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sen, Aug 18, 2018.

1. sen

sen

Got a megane 250 and I’m getting this strange whistling noise when I let off the accelerator. I read it would be the recirculation valve but I’ve just changed it and the noise is still there.

It sounds more like it’s coming from the front of the engine when I get the bonnet up, rather than around where the turbo is.
    I had induction kit, full system and decat, hybrid turbo, fmic and map at rstuning but that was back in may and I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been happening all that time.

2. My ITG intake makes a huge noise when you come throttle harsh.

3. sen

sen

Mine does also but this noise happens at low revs too. It seems to do it more when I’m decelerating. I’ll take foot off accelerator then there’s a slight delay before the whistle starts.
    If I put my foot down again it stops then I let off, pause, whistle.
    It’s coming from the other end of the engine bay to the filter also. More near the timing belt area.

4. get it checked out then mate. There is only so much we can help with.
    Prob fan belt or something. But who knows, capable mechanic should be able to diagnose it.

sen likes this.
  5. sen

sen

Pretty sure it’s coming from the intercooler. My radiator fan is coming on quite a lot too, would that indicate not enough cold air is going into the engine? I know it’s warm outside anyway but just a thought. The whistle is definitely coming from the drivers side of the cooler.

6. Same problem here, same specs.

7. sen

sen

Mine was the intercooler pipe on the drivers side. I fitted the cooler myself and pretty much destroyed the retaining pins. The extra boost must have blown the drivers side pipe loose.
    Got some hose clamps 58-62mm possibly and now it’s fine.
    Massive difference driving it too. Must have been losing a load of power.