Which steering rack.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Essexn4th, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Hey guys im getting a real bad knocking when turning the wheel. Been advised by the guys at engine dynamics that i need a new steering rack. Iv been searching for the best deal and there seems to be 2 different racks and 2 different prices. Can you help?!

Thanks guys
    Nathan

2. Hi Nathan. I was told I needed a new steering rack when all I actually needed was a steering rack bush for 20 quid. Many racks have been replaced when this was all that was needed!
    http://www.trackfocusdirect.com/sho...steering-rack-bush-also-fits-clio-197/7481443
    Hope this helps.

3. th

Thank you for your reply. This is a massive help and fingers crossed this is all i need £20 is better than £100s.

4. I got a fully recon rack for £75.00 a couple of years ago and fitted by Mark fish. He was impressed with it so must of been good. I can dish out the receipt if you need the name.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

5. Oh really that sounds good. I appreciate but just gonna order the bush for the time being and hopefully wont need the rack, if i do ill give you a message thanks buddy