250 Wheel protection

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jack250, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Looking for a good protection product for my black wheels to help with brake dust and grime. Any recommendations chaps?

Cheers

2. jack250 likes this.
  3. As above, ive used that. Never had a issue

jack250 likes this.
  4. Yep gtechniq wheel armour mine still look brand new 4yrs on

jack250 likes this.
  5. 3 recommendations is good enough for me! Cheers lads

6. Just make sure you fully clean and decontaminate your wheels prior to applying it. Preparation is everything with these types of products.

7. Nice one. I’ve seen you can buy the c5 with a pre application cleaner too made by the same company. That’s what I’ll go for. Do you lads take the full wheel off and do the whole thing?

8. Yeah, I remove the wheels and clean/coat the whole thing. To prep the wheels prior to applying a 'nano' coating I'd do the following:

Remove wheels and clean as normal.
    Remove any remaining brake dust with a fallout remover
    Remove any remaining tar spots with a tar remover
    Wipe down with IPA
    Apply final coating
    Stand back and admire the beading water from your handiwork DSC_0831.JPG

jack250, grantw and B8sy like this.
  9. Yeah as above. Jack the car up, stick it on stands, take all the wheels off and spend all day cleaning them

10. I just use the same coating on the wheels, as i use on the car, all been good so far

11. got it on my black wheels..trouble is with carbon dust from my XP8`s..you cant get it all off ,without using a cleaner that will strip off the g5.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Depends how long you leave it and if they get wet, I never had any issues getting dust from my 10/12s off if you do so before they get wet and get a chance to bake on