225 Wheel bearing not seated

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Gr00vy, Aug 21, 2017.

1. So what I thought would be an easy task for a garage has becone a nightmare.

Took the hub carriers/wheel hubs off so I could take them in to get the wheel bearings off.

First garage said they could do it, got there and they had a change of heart and said they could not help as they where too busy.

Second garage took them, damaged the swivel bearings so cost me another £90 and then could not finish the job.

Third garage got it done, however did not fully seat the drivers side bearing so the ring at the back moves around. They reassembled everything and knocked the outer flanged part back in.

TL;DR

Garage did not seat wheel bearing correctly, everything is reassembled but the metal ring at the base of the bearing can move freely.

Is there any way for me to seat the bearing properly without breaking anything?

**** UPDATE

Got it seated, put a plank of wood against the outer hub and gave it a good whack, all seated now.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017