What to do next car wise?

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by ghosty0101, Aug 22, 2016.

1. I currently have an R26 and a 205 parked on the driveway, both of which are mine. I'm thinking it might be time to get rid of something, but I'm not sure what should go! The 205 is a 1.1 and was given to me, and is normally used to poodle about etc when the Meg isn't really justified. The R26 is pretty much paid for and just needs maintenance and the usual running costs when I actually use it. My options are, selling the Meg to make room for something faster but something that will hold its price fairly well, and will last me a few years to come and won't bankrupt me. (So I don't really want to be getting in to silly long payment plans against a rapidly depreciating car as I'm also 23, and would love to move out one day!) Or keep the Meg and do something with the 205 that's not stupidly expensive and can be used on track every now and then and be thrown around a B road. As it cost me nothing and I have a good friend who's a mechanic, an engine swap could easily be done, but as for the options on a 1.1 I'm not entirely sure, as I've never been mad into the Peugeot scene. A clio turbo'd Clio engine would be awesome as he built one for his Clio van and it goes like stink. Does anyone who's older and wiser than me have any experience and wish to give some friendly advice?
    Sorry for the super long post!
    Thanks in advance

2. Track the R26 and use the 205 as a daily and when the R26 is paid for, save up for a house :smile:

3. You have a good car for creat a track car...use it :sunglasses: And the 205 for every day!

4. R26

R26

Sell one (205) and save up and move out, you're 23 so surely that should be your top priority? You can use the R26 on track and road.

5. NJH

NJH

This. As I went to university I pretty much left home at 18 and only went back for short periods, its a big world out there and seen to many of my friends (and my brother) take the easy route, stay at home or local then what happens is they settled in to it and ended up going nowhere, friends of mine with really good qualifications doing dead end jobs because they lost the confidence to move even 20 miles to another county. Sorry if that sounds depressing but cars come and go, when your older and have more money you can pretty much buy whatever you want (relatively speaking), what you can't buy back is your early to mid 20s and my experience is if you don't expand your horizons now you probably never will.

GeeR26R likes this.
  6. LOL at poodling about :grinning: do you mean pootle?

I'd keep both cars. Use the 205 for all your future dogging needs, and track prep the R26 (but still keep road legal) for mucho fun.

The old Peugeot isn't a good base from which to create a track car to be honest, in 1100 guise. Everything will need changing/upgrading which isn't the case with the Megane, certainly not straight away anyway.

7. That's true, I don't even daily the Peugeot, I have a van which I only pay the fuel on for work. So the R26 is for sunny weekends and the 205 is for everything else. I'm also fortunate enough to be earning a semi decent wage so I've got a bit saved for a house. It's not the case that the Meg and the 205 use all of my money just yet! I've always been scared to track the Meg incase I screw something up and end up spending a ton more than I already have fixing it, when the car is only worth £6-6,500. I'm just one of those people who always has the itch to do something silly to a car but has never done it! I think I've got to that phase like NJH said where I want to do so much because everyone else seems to be doing everything around me, but I need to be sensible and do all of these things when I'm older and don't necessarily need to choose between things, and can do them all!

8. Flog the R26, run the 205 and get your own independent life.

9. I have a life...? Just not a full deposit on a house just yet!

10. Old post, but why don't you sell me the megane?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11. Might be going in the new year to make way for a 265

12. Let me know details if poss

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. Of my r26?