What lowering springs to buy..

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Johnny87, Nov 16, 2017.

1. In the past I've bought H&R lowering springs for my E90, on the car the arch gap was a considerable amount more on the front compared to the rear, I'm in the same situation with my 225 trophy. I was given the option with my E90 to have 25mm springs for the rear and 40mm for the front to make the car and arch gap even height front and rear.

Could anybody shead some light on what springs to buy to make this work.

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

most people go for either cooksports or grams or H&R

this is@Feirny on H&R

16870810776_eb203f5d08_c.jpg IMG_0495 by feirny, on Flickr

Cooksports
    u2eretap.jpg

Grams
    16265511_1296421413758875_4718299776344617694_n.jpg

3. I've had H&R before which I know are good so I'll try and stick to those. What I'm aiming for is not to have a bigger arch gap on the front compared to the rear after fitting lowering springs. This is typical trophy like mine where you can see the arch gap on the front is greater than the rear.

Attached Files:

4. H&R generally keep an element of gap at the front in relation to the rear from experience with other cars. They also seem to be relatively harsh compared with Eibach.

I’ve just put Cooksport’s on mine and they are really smooth. Will try and get a picture up at some stage.

5. Sorry it’s not the best picture and the car is filthy. New wheels arrived, so hoping they’ll be fitted this weekend too.

Honestly I can’t believe how compliant and comfortable these springs are, but lower and less roll etc. It probably helps that it’s got new cup dampers too.

Very impressed with Cooksport, in terms of their product, customer service and willingness to discuss options, etc.

Attached Files:

6. It’s basically a two finger gap between tyre and arch.

7. Thanks for taking your time to post a picture. It looks really good bud! Have you got a link to where you bought your springs from Marc?

8. Daz

Daz

H&Rs look perfect.

On a trophy if you fit r26 rear springs it sits spot on

9. Here you go mate:

http://cooksport.co.uk/

10. Ring them if y I have any questions, they are very accommodating.

11. R26 wheels on, rear tints, door handles and b pillars wrapped in gloss black.

Attached Files: