What have you done to your Car today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Strell2, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Don't fancy selling it? [emoji57]

2. Not really but everything is for sale at the right price :wink:

3. I found a new route to work that avoids the busy A roads this morning and gave my car it's first good run since I bought it. Absolutely epic!

4. Took it for a photo shoot at the local park, the photographer was amazing and very professional. I can't thank and recommend him enough for taking the time to do night time shots.
    I've only got a couple shots back at the min and some I took so I'll update when I get them all in![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. Finally got round to remapping my car today, at RS Tuning.

Std 250 Cup, less an aftermarket panel filter and centre silencer delete. Arrived with 245 bhp. Down on stock power but was running very rich apparently.

Base map gave 275. Left with 288 bhp. It did reach 296 but Paul dropped it down as it was knocking a bit. More than content with that.

Torque increased from 190 ish to 325. This is the most noticeable bit, for sure. It just pulls like it never did before.

Well impressed.

£100 off due to a turborenault group buy too. Bonus!

Also, refurbished rear calipers and carriers arrived today, from biggred. Job for the weekend.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Bought a superpro rear Arb and raised the rear a little to save the shoulders of my tyres, will go back down once I get more camber on the rear

StephRS likes this.
  7. Did the airbox mod on my R26. Bit more induction noise now with the foam removed as well. One of the accessory ring connectors on an earth snapped though. Must have been off a few times. Managed to drill a hole in the remaining part of the connector for now, but will replace the ring terminal once I get a meaty crimper or get the garage to do it to save buying a tool that I will probably only use this once.

8. Mine is finally up in the air having shocks,springs all round and top mounts changed, power flex rear beam bushes, front brembo hc disks and ferodo 2500 pads with mogul 600 brake fluid. Then onto sorting out the audio, just ordered some nice focal speakers and amp and an audison bit one DSP to go with the existing focal sub and components.
    Just need to find the time to get this all installed nicely before tuning the system :smile:

9. Mine had a detail at the weekend and calipers painted, being non cup they were just metal before.

wS8kzgy.jpg
    xPDQKFE.jpg
    before
    Tfrr2yR.jpg

sijnh, Alan Godwin, StephRS and 3 others like this.
  10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

New drivers seat [​IMG]

trickmansa likes this.
  11. Fitted a mtech short shifter. And now i need a beer

Attached Files:

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

New seat in, juat a cage to go and the interior is done [​IMG][​IMG]

Trophyboy, NJH, GrumpyTwig and 3 others like this.
  13. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Started fitting the decals to my car. Going to fit the rear one at the weekend and ordered a front[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

More parts
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. Just changed the lower engine mount to a VT torque link. Also, changed the Anit-rotation links. Looking forward to testing the car later.

Having a brew before I go back out and change the dust seals on the front brembos. Productive morning so far.

16. Put a set of ktec engine mounts in, old mounts with power flex inserts were knackered beyond belief!

17. matt e

went to fit my spacers but didnt go to plan

ordered 8 studs instead of 10
    trolley jack wasnt lifting
    then i got angry and tried to slam the garage door and broke it lol

ill leave it till next weekend now, i fitted mt bumper decals Thursday alright though

sunnylunn likes this.
  18. My first oil change on the R26 today.

Ramps were a waste of time because the front lip is just too low, ended up jacking.

Cracked my knuckles a few times trying to undo the filter that he-man fitted.

Used a fram filter from ecp and Mobil Super 3000 X1 5W-40 from opie.

Nothing too eventful but satisfying non the less.

19. Car back from intercooler and Forge recirc valve fitted, gained about 40bhp at the wheels

IEROuUP.jpg

Thinbot likes this.
  20. Changed the oil and filter today.

Still quite possibly the worst filter to get access to, on any car I've ever had the pleasure of servicing at home. I used a chain tool. Still awkward.

T&biskits likes this.
  21. Changed gearbox oil, also not the easiest of jobs!

22. matt e

on the r26? i thought it was easy

23. Nearly on par with the pollen filter.

24. I'm not the best with a spanner, just pretty fiddly, especially filling it back up, I've made a bottle with an extended pipe, made it easier for next time

25. matt e

If you get a piece of garden hose and a funnel and put the hose down in front of the battery I find that easiest for filling back up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

26. aha, i'll give that a go next time,cheers

27. New OEM plugs from Wolverhampton arrived this morning so I finished off a service. Also, the oil filter tool I purchased from Amazon yesterday arrived so I tightened the filter up.

Bought this one.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003AMVZWC/?tag=rsmeg-21

Much easier than the chain one. Only £6 too (it's £11 in Halfords with a trade card!). Wish I had it when i took the old one off.

Serviced the Brembos including changing the internal seals. However, typically I split a new dust seal in the process. Have a new one arriving in the post tomorrow. Just need to fit it, re-bleed and drop it back down on the deck.

28. You should never tighten up the oil filter with a tool, you only need to tighten by hand, as tight as you can get it, modern filters are now so thin that if you score the the metal there is a potential for it to leak.

Jamesycc likes this.
  29. i thought you just stab a screwdriver through them when you need to remove it :tongueout:

30. Always used to be standard practice. But now old oil is found to contain loads of nasty chemicals, including carcinogenic ones it's a no no :wink:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

31. I did it hand tight as best as I could given the awkward location then gave it a little tweek with the tool. Purely to ensure it won't leak. It wasn't more than 20 degrees of a 360 turn.

It can't be any tighter than it was when I took the bugger off.

32. with some of the chemicals I have had the miss-fortune to come into contact with I don't think I will have long to go, Trich, aromatic napthers and some other dodgy shit I cant remember the name of.

33. Got an Mot pass with advisories, happy days.

34. Fitted a full set of Michelin PS4's and my decat pipe has arrived and just need to see about getting it fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35. 20170826_103158.jpg Washed it ready to go camping

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  36. new steering wheel and new screen sun strip in matt black.

37. Got a pic matey

38. Kerbed an alloy. Proper job too. Meh!

Mikeyjp likes this.
  39. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Midway through brake ducting and 265 DRL fitting, rain and darkness has ended play for today though 974d5cf153f66e4b73e37a8df261e479.jpg

Mikeyjp likes this.
  40. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Slight issue with the DRLs not working as they should, may have to refit the 250 loom and mod it to work.

Brake ducts should work well, not the tidiest but do the job 1f201f6244735b253ad10d7453101635.jpg 91a56183710255a72cdf2b749d11847a.jpg

ewant81 and Mikeyjp like this.