What Detailing products have you purchased

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Mikeyjp, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Hello

Could not find a thread already started. So thought i would get one running, i like to keep trying new things, and seeing what others are using on their cars.

I will get the ball rolling :smile:

Just picked up this lot, will wait until the weather gets a bit better to try the Can Coat, and need to condition the leather before i try the Leather coat. Will be getting a new windscreen in March so will try the Clear View and Fog View, after its been sorted. I have used Gtechniq G1/G2 on the Clio windscreen really rate it, but thought i would try something else this time.

[​IMG]

2. bought a gyeon q2m silk drying towel recently - the thing is awesome!

3. Can coat is very very good, just makes sure you totally decom the paint of tar and iron, then a quick wipe down with IPA before you apply and it'll look braw and protect well.

I dont rate their sealant coating moh. Used this on the wifes Evoque and unless you use the booster is does not bead. Always shiny when washed but poor on water dispersal. Also dont rate 'view'. Got this on the Meg and its a pain if when using blades at low speed as it grabs. Over 50mph it's ace.

My preference is Gtechniq. Exo is outstanding and so easy to apply. Got this on the Meg and it beads like crazy over a year after application. Also done quite a few cars with crystal serum light and exo v2....lush. Doing a nara bronze disco 4 with full Gtechniq pack in a couple of weeks with Exo V3...can't wait to see how that performs.

4. Bilt-hamber cleanser fluid is the latest product. Used as a pre wax product instead of polish, as polishing too often is not good for the lacquer

5. Let's make the title "What detail products have you recently purchased" otherwise my list will go on for hours. Carclean.com has a great online forum which offers selling/buying used products. I'd like to switch a lot ... :smiley:

Last acquired product: Dodo Juice Red Mist. I knew about this product and used it once on my red Ford Focus years ago. Now on the Megane:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Use just very little and the wetlook will reward you :wink:

6. The red mist looks good, will have a look.

Word of warning to anyone that uses cancoat on a breezy day...... Cover all your windows over, the stuff gets bloody everywhere, and it's very hard to get off

7. I just bought a whole range of Gtechniq products, not a detailer at all so looking for a solution that keeps working instead of having to apply every month, wonder how it turns out!

8. Just been trying carbon collective oracle on my new car. I think the previous owner was a fan of the local hand car wash, and being a dark blue it shows! I've been tackling a panel at a time with meguiars 105 and 205 after a good clay and ipa wipe down. The oracle keeps the 'wet look' and beads amazingly. It's also supposed to protect the paint for 3 years which appealed to me!

9. Just bought Turtlewax Ice spray wax. Love this product because it can be used on plastics and rubbers.

10. Just bought me some poor boys black hole, dodo juice purple haze wax.