What car do i have ???

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by ianplymouth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. And that is why i bought the 225 :wink:

Do you or have you done any track days, you are probably the same as me, miles away from a track, my closest is Castle Coombe 140 miles away :rolleyes:

2. Hear hear, I'm a much slower driver in my slk 55 than I was in the Meg. Me in that vs me in the slk and I wouldn't know where the megane had gone

3. Prince Rock. I've seen a few 250s oddly enough.

Normally meet in Parr but have a convoy down from Plymouth. We get food and then go for a blast. It happens every month so if you can't make it there will be more opportunities in future.

I'll keep an eye out for you round Plymouth anyway :smile:

4. Daily is a Grand Espace 2.0dci, Meg is sorn at the moment, wont be long though.
    How many go from Plymouth normally ???

5. Me, a 197 Cup and a Ph1 172. We meet with Oli in his 250 there. I'll put a thread up as there is another couple of black R26 owners in Ivybridge who may come along.

6. really like the car Ian, You have the side skirts aswell which look spot on

7. MBC

MBC

No track days yet. Goodwood isn't too far from me either. Where are you based?

8. MBC

MBC

Plymouth! Hint is in the name I guess!

9. Cheers Canky, i like it as well, just think i need to get out and drive it, better take it off sorn then :wink:

10. I was going to do a day there in my Merc (August 8th) better off with the Meg i think :wink:

11. And it is in the bit on the left under my name :wink:

12. MBC

MBC

Thankfully I'm on the phone so it doesn't show up

13. Not while you are driving I'm hoping, thats a good excuse i will have to remember that one :rolleyes:

14. 11.30am at Carkeel BP garage today! You know you want to come :cool:

15. Its me again :smiley:
    I have been asked if my car is a Phase 1 or 2.
    what is the difference and what do i have to look for, it's a 07/04 registered car,

Is there a list anywhere of all the standard difference's in the cars, what's in a lux pack ???

Cheers
    Ian

16. You had a ph1 mate: - this is a good read and description of the different Mk2 Megane iterations from the 225 - to 225 Trophy, CUP, 225 F1, R26, R26.R http://www.meganesport.net/community/index.php?pageid=home

17. Cheers that helps a bit/lot :wink:, was there a lux phase 1, i have full leather, centre arm rest or was this standard on the phase 1 model,

I am just testing your knowledge and anorak status :wink:

18. LOL, there were cloth as standard I believe, and centre arm rest def not standard, my R26 doesn't have one, but the ones with the LUX pack did;

Keyless entry on the ph2 LUX models as well, but don't think they were on the ph1 LUX.

Does yours have a CD changer etc as well mate?

19. Is the changer a separate item or is it a multi disc head unit, to be honest the radio is shi*e and the miltek exhaust sounds far better anyway, so i will have to look tomorrow

20. I have also got what i think is keyless entry, but one of the cards is temperamental and i dont think the previous owner had the new key synced with the car.

21. Sounds like a 225 lux

22. So its rare then, best i don't mess with it, like coilovers, up rated brakes, roll cage, bucket seats etc :wink:

23. hahaha, what seats you going for? I almost pulled the trigger on some Sabelt GT-140s a few months ago...still on the list :wink:

Half bolt on cage? or going for a full one?

24. Oh and you forgot about deleting the aircon mate :wink: lol - you can get the Clio 197 Cup Bracket to do this - info and part numbers on here mate

25. Not sure on the seats yet, i have seen a full cage that doesn't need the dash removing, just need the rear seats out i think, i think it was £1100 fitted, i want 5/6 point harnesses as well.

Air con will stay, i get hot and flustered trying to et past blo*dy M3's or GT3's so need something to keep me cool, Nahh just playing it will probs come out as it aint working anyway.

Stopping is one of the first priorities.