Water near speakers

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Zailyn, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Hi,

I'm thinking about changing the speakers in my Megane 2 Estate 2007 but my main issue is that recently I noticed that my front left speaker wasn't working and after removing the speaker grill and unscrewing the speaker I found a couple of drops on the metal of the interior of the door and quite a bit of water in the speaker connector.

I also took a look at the front right speaker and even without unscrewing it, the speaker already looked wet, and after unscrewing I found the same thing as I had found on the left.

Now I don't really want to go out and buy new speakers only to have them ruined after the first time it rains. What could the possible causes be and what can I do to resolve this ?

Thanks

2. You will need to replace the plastic lining that sits between the door card and the door. These fail quiet often. There will probably be a post or 2 about it on here already so worth a search.

I just used a thick plastic bag with no holes in to line the hole where the speaker sits and trim it after the speaker is fitted so theres no plastic visable around the front of the speaker.