*WANTED* Megane RS 250 CUP

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by tom3112, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Good evening guys

I am currently on the look out for a 250 CUP to use as an occasional track car and my nürburgring trips.

Ideally I would like recaros/rs monitor however I know how scarce they are at the moment. I am constantly checking eBay/Facebook/autotrader/PistonHeads to see if one comes up but as of yet not found one that takes my fancy.

Not bothered about colour however would like lowest mileage possible with proof of service history for 9k or less. I am aware mileage isn’t everything however I also know when the time comes for me to move on people generally avoid high milers.

So if anyone has one for sale not advertised anywhere or is going to be put up for sale shortly please let me know.

Thanks

2. Don't think you'll pick one up with Recaros/RS monitor for £9k or less, let alone low mileage. Probably looking at nearer £10k at best with lower mileage and those options. As a guide, I got the 265 pre facelift with those options and cup pack, 63 plate, 29k miles for £12.5k. Seem to be selling for good money with the options

imprezaworks likes this.
  3. There's a good reason for why you haven't found one.

You're asking for top spec and low miles all for under 9k. They don't exist.

4. Seen a couple recently go for under 9k. One from last week went up for sale on Thursday/Friday at a used car dealer and sold on the Saturday, that was white, 60k ish recaros and rs monitor and it was just under 8k.

Depends what you call low mileage, 60/70k is low to me and I don’t think I’m asking a lot. If it didn’t have recaros I would swap them for some buckets anyway and purely interested in the rs monitor they aren’t a must.

Sean_192 likes this.
  5. Probably garages that don't know the price of them, take them in as a cheap part ex and move them on quickly for a quick little profit. You'll be very lucky to find one for that price, and I doubt it would have a good service history/be in good condition etc either. I was looking for these cars for over a year, so I'd like to say I'm very clued up on prices of different specs/ages. Recaros and RS monitor aren't the most common and are obviously what 80% of buyers want when buying this kind of car, hence why they go for so much more. So yes it's possible for £9k, but unlikely. I'd say £10k and you're more on the mark for what you're after around 60/70k miles

Sean_192 likes this.
  6. Hi mate thanks for the reply, yes I think you’re correct in saying the garages probably don’t know what it is they are selling. I really like the look of the facelift but don’t really want to spend 14k plus for something that’s just going to be used on track.

Even if I could just find a cup model without the options I’d be happy as I would change the seats if they weren’t recaros.

Never owned a Renault before I’ve come over from German cars. Just this week I’m getting my Z4 Coupe ready to go to its new owner on Sunday.

7. Yeah just making sure you haven't got any false hope lol... I agree, cup pack is the only essential you need for track use really, because you can put your own buckets in and will be great.

These cars on track I'm told are different league and you won't regret buying one. Just ensure it's mechanically sound and no little niggles, because after all it is French. Try and get one off here with a better suspension/tyre set up (even though they're brilliant standard)/basics upgraded such as zorst/remap/IC and you'll be keeping up with most cars on track no problem

And of course set the right budget for the specifics you want :wink:

8. If you’re willing to extend budget I’ve got a top spec lux with everything on 70k.

9. I think you guys are way out of touch I paid under 9K for a 60 plate 250 Cup with RS monitor, Recaro's etc in spotless condition recaro's with no wear and inside also immaculate. It has 76k miles only 2 owners and a full service history with a folder full of receipts. I just missed out on one the week before near Southampton same spec but also had a fully set of almost new adjustable bilsteins and a spare set of wheels owner wanted £9K. I have also seen a few others around that price.

10. Great value cars

arch likes this.
  11. Hi Tom,

I don’t think you’re too far off at that price, for what you’re looking to get.

I’ve been toying with selling mine again. Nearly parted with it 18 months ago, but in the end just couldn’t bring myself to...

http://rsmegane.com/threads/please-delete-not-currently-for-sale-2010-white-250-cup.14279/

I think I priced it too cheaply back then and was inundated with enquiries overnight.

But I still just can’t shake the desire for a trophy, so will probably end up selling sometime soon when the right one comes around. It’s on 65k now, and when I sell I’d be looking for somewhere between 9-10k. It’s still immaculate and has everything apart from the monitor.

Cheers.

arch likes this.
  12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Values of them definently took a hit but they seem to have stabilised and are getting back up to where they should be.

Inpatient sellers and people undervaluing killed the market for a while

Genty, JlllCK J and FatRS like this.
  13. There does not seem to be that many for sale either, especially with desirable options such as Cup pack, Recaros, leather, directional xenons, keyless entry and start, panoramic roof.

Once you then start to look for a colour you want they are even more limited!! Took me nearly a year to find one in the spec and colour I wanted.

14. Panoramic roof, desirable lol, really?

15. Hi, just reading through this thread ... I’m the person that bought the white one off that car dealer! Reading this and looking round I think I defo touched lucky as they do go for more... as one of you other guys said the car dealers haven’t a clue what they are!! The bloke was saying to me “ mate what is this car please tell me what it does I’ve never had so much interest in any of my cars I’ve ever sold.. showed me all the emails and said he’s phone ain’t stopped ringing I was just lucky to be first and get first viewing ! :-)

Genty and Beau like this.
  16. Personally I would say so yes. Have you been in one with a panoramic roof? Some people are not that fussed about xenons either or keyless entry/start. I am not fussed about RS monitor and a lot that have it don't seem to use of it.

It was a general statement in relation to optional extras. Cup pack and Recaro seats are the main ones.

17. I'd say the pan roof would make one more undesirable then desirable to be honest.

18. This ^ i hate them on any car, but i appreciate you were listing the extra options, i just would not include pan roof in the list of desirables myself. RS monitor is still well worth getting, only time i have used mine is to change the throttle map, which its wroth every penny for, and then occasionally i use it, just to show my mates lol

Beau likes this.
  19. Looks like I am in the minority with the roof then!! It's the only thing I don't have on mine, which would have been nice to have.

20. I’m in the desirable camp. But hardcore race drivers would not like

Beau likes this.
  21. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/273469041980

Sounds like the spec and price your after ?

22. Well I ended up bringing one home yesterday, some of you may know it - so far I love it so much its awesome.

RS250 cup in electric blue
    Recaro Pole Positions
    Bilstein coilovers
    Team dynamic alloys
    Stripped out rear & 307bhp is just some of the extras

Attached Files:

Sean_192 likes this.
  23. Oooh. I do love an extreme blue 250.
    Enjoy.

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ah Lloyd's car? Good to see it staying on the forum. It's a lovely example

25. Yep thats the one. 5am wakeup yesterday, 2 trains and got picked up from the station. Spent a couple of hours with Lloyd then drove 4 hours home. Had a little play in it today, slightly damp too and I love it so much, so much grip and power. Can't wait to get to know it properly on track :smirk: