Urgent Safety Recall - Front Wheel Hub Carrier

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Mark., Feb 6, 2014.

1. Anyone else get one of these recorded delivery ?
    I've a 2004 Megane 225.

"We have identified a possibility that a fracture may be present on the front right hand wheel hub carrier on your vehicle, which could cause noise from the front axel, and in extreme circumstances may cause the wheel hub carrier to break. This may affect your personal safety and the safety of others"

2. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

my meg is 2004, I've never had this nor heard of it. wouldn't say no to a new hub though as mines peppered!

3. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Mine have been refurbed but feck it, I'll have a new one

4. Strange how it's only mentioned the one side, are they handed ?

Maybe a casting issue with a specific batch ?

5. Is that the drivers side?

Possibly the noise that people (including myself) are reporting from the drivers side CV/Hub area?

I take it you can just pop into a dealer to check if the recall applies?

Paul

6. Well I got a letter which was recorded delivery so I'm not sure. I wonder how they'll feel about doing it seeing as the cars a touched modded

7. They shouldn't give a hoot, I took my heavily modded 172 in for a recall and he just said it was a minter. Lol.

8. I'd be very interested to know this too. I have the same issue with a noise with no obvious origin. Watching this thread with interest. Please keep us updated op.

9. I'll pop into the dealers on the way home tomorrow and see what's what; albeit I know my question will cause utter confusion, as happened with other recalls my car has had!

Maybe Ads can shed some light on the rough scope of vehicles affected? :wink:

Paul

10. Thanks mate

11. Just a thought, do the 225 and R26 share the same hub carrier? I can't see why not

12. Interesting. Only valid for cars built between 14/04/2004 and 05/05/2004.

13. Only 60 vehicles affected? I'd like to know that the 'noise' the letter refers to is. I may call Renault UK instead.

The 'ticking' has me stumped, maybe it's a bigger problem than they first thought?

Paul

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  14. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

How would you find out when your car is made as I only have first registration on the v5 which was sep 04 iirc. Or would renault automatically know and inform Dvla then get people's info? Not sure how it works.

15. It's booked in on Monday so I'll keep everyone posted. The letter says inspection and replacement if needed but when I called the dealer they said they'll order the part today for Monday so hopefully they're just going up change it regardless.

Thing is I've no strange noises etc. and the cars driving spot on. Won't say no to something new for free lol

16. I'll be giving my local dealership a call in the morning. Thanks for the heads up!

17. Mine makes a creaking/cracking noise when pulling off from drivers side but its 2007

18. Mine does this (noise) and I had the driveshaft replaced today but it still making the ticking noise. Await some good news as nobody seems to know what this noise is???

19. No hub carrier but had a recall for brake hoses

20. Drivers side needs replacing and if it happens to the passenger side at any time in the future Ive to take it in and theyll replace that too under the recall.

Part is ordered today and its book in for four hours to fit it.

Im not allowed to take the car away till its done as its a serious case recall.

21. My R26 is 08 and it knocks/creaks sometimes.

22. that was on a few ph1 cars iirc a certain batch were recalled although most of them suffer the same problem

23. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Can you check if mines on the list please x

24. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Can you check if mines on the list please x

25. erm no

26. infact yours need the mods on the front brake hoses

27. How do you find out if you're due a recall?

28. pm me the reg mate i'll have a look

29. Cheers mate

30. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

no point as i run braided lines.

31. Rung renault but it was too late. Ring them on my lunch tomorrow

32. Rung renault. Said they need it for a full day. Front suspension recall he said. Is this right @ads@renault