Unwanted Attention

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by nathrs250, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Sick of getting unwanted attention in the Meg. I know it's part and parcel of driving such a car.

Today for example I had some bitch in an Audi TT try race me and cut me up on a round about. And then some nob head chav in a saxo vts give it the big ones thinking I was up for a race! Getting very boring now!

Rant over!

2. Mines bright yellow and hardly ever get any such unwanted attention.

Used to all the time in my old 172.

3. I get loads of attention in my R, love it

4. The bloke in the saxo under took an ambulance to make sure he got away from me!

5. Me neither, maybe I just don't notice.

6. I get a lot of attention similar to this. I do seem to live in an area that brings in all the piddly V-TEC's and VXR's of this world.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the attention, because if they're not trying to race me, then they're just staring probably wondering why their car is so sh!t compared to mine :smile: The only thing I never retaliate is anything AWD (aside from S3's) and big boy Jap cars.. I've been made to look silly by an Evo VI before and won't put myself in that situation again!

I did however get some unwanted attention from a 64 plate RS4 Avant recently.. that didn't last long

7. You can simply ignore them and go on your daily business.

8. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I chased one of the local Audi sales man in one last summer, clearly the first fast car he'd driven as he couldn't manoeuvre it for toffee. He was a bit upset I stuck with him too, shame as if he could actually drive I'd have disappeared in his rear view.

9. I had somebody actually wait for me at a petrol station when I had the R26. He was in a new Fiesta ST.

I don't know why he bothered though - onto the dual carriageway the Ford was put in it's place.

10. Hardly get any attention, but the most recent one was a 20v Leon and Elise which I didn't think was that quick tbh

11. I had a play with an ep3 civic type r last week on a dual carriageway from a roundabout

It was good attention though as we both slowed down and laughed at each other with out thumbs up
    ps not a great deal in them and mine remapped but dont know if he anything done either looked modded though

12. Before I moved, the same EP3 would try and take me on every bloody morning (before I had mine modded) and every morning I would pull his pants down. Only thing he had over me was decibels in the screaming spoon exhaust.. a noise that does my head in.

Might get a dashcam eventually

13. DaveSF1

DaveSF1 Banned

How do you know he was upset did you stop and chat about it?

14. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Yes actually, I worked behind the Audi place and bumped into him a few weeks later.

15. DaveSF1

DaveSF1 Banned

Haha yeah right

16. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

How is that not believable? Strange comment.

Anyway, I tend to get more attention form Audi and bmw drivers trying to speed up as I overtake them on duel carriageways in the morning. I'm just trying to get to work on time ffs.

17. That's what happened with me and the RS4. He was doing 45 along a national SL, so I moved out to overtake and as I came to come back in, he sped up and stopped me getting back in. The power those things have I couldn't dream of matching, so it was either let my ego take over and hit a bend at stupid speeds, or duck back in.

Luckily I knew where he lived, so he got a little note in his letter box :smile: Have seen him since and he won't make eye contact haha

I find Bimmer drivers the worst for it. Audi's are up there too... If it's not those more premium marks, then it's EVERY SINGLE VXR I SEE :mad:

18. Dangerous driving right there. People who do this should be banned and beaten.

19. Hear hear. He clearly just saw me as a 'crappy Renault' in his mind and had that strange warped sense of pride that I notice a lot of drivers have. Wouldn't have looked very clever had he killed me doing it!

20. Cal

Cal

I never ever get any attention in my car, maybe I'm doing it wrong?!

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Or your doing it right by not acting in a way that attracts knobs

22. either ignore them or get something with road presence.

Ignore the racing, tailgaters etc. Just move over if u can or keep your distance in front. Its not worth the risk or the fuel to put it in 2nd and leave. Ive been there and 9/10 they just continue to drive up your ass when they catch up or they drive so recklessly to get in front ie. (drive in between two laned cars. cos thats what one cunt of an ST owner did).

Just chill.. there's more to life than showing the size of your motoring penis.

OR. You could buy something with road presence and this shit rarely happens. Ive been in the elise for a couple of days and its completely different as to how you get treated on the road. No tailgaters, people in front change lanes for no reason, people don't cut up or turn in despite plenty of room!

23. 9 times out of 10 I do move over because I normally have my three year old girl in the car with me.

I think I have become quite a defensive driver so maybe this leads to other motorists acting like complete nobs.

24. I'll get myself an Exige then :tongueout:

25. Another on I had recently was a gt86 trd, because he couldn't pull away from me ( and I wasn't try to race him) he anchored on in the outside lane of the dual carriageway. And when I tried to pull along side he tried to force me off the road.

26. yeh.. or one of these

[​IMG]

27. Cup or Touring? I need 40k!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  28. Sport pack
    touring pack
    hard top
    black pack
    a/c

I love it mate

29. What are they, 215bhp ish? Bet it goes like stink. I'm jealous :worried:

30. About that mate. At 217bhp. 924kg. 0-60 in 4.2s :smile:

31. This pretty much.

Sometimes I just feel like giving it beans then I find someone trying to join in.....

32. I know they lose their punt around 100mph, but we don't do those speeds :rolleyes:

Sound good for a 4 pot as well

33. I always tended to find that in my inferno people assumed it was sporty I guess due to the colour so didn't try it on.
    My Trophy is far more subtle so people have done but most of the time they're people who don't have 260bhp so it's not an issue!! Lol

I don't care so much about wannabe rally drivers as I'll either let em go or leave them behind.

Only attention I don't want is people with sharp keys as they walk past your car!

34. I've got a red R26, not the most subtle thing but most people just think it's a megane. But I've had my fair share of chavs in 1.0L corsas trying it on at the lights, doesn't take any effort to make them look silly! The other favourite is people who have their first car in a petrol station saying its 'well sick'. Had a guy who looked about 12 in a focus rs make the Meg look like a honda Jazz after following me out of a petrol station the other week, I didn't put up a fight to be fair as he was on the wrong side of the road round blind bends!

35. In my F1-team never had unwanted attention. On working days is way to busy on the motorways anyway. Most of the people think it is a "tuned" Mégane. Some enthusiasts almost break their necks looking at the car and then it's thumbs up. :smile:

36. Yeah I'd go for the Exige too, but there isn't a better Elise out there than that one IMO :smile:

37. I've had an elise for a good few years and it's true that you don't get so much hassle from others tailgating, people move over etc.

38. Ive never had any attention in my other cars but after a fortnight of 225 ownership have had a Porsche, a Focus ST and a base model Clio trying to race me.

Mine looks like quite a sleeper too.